R3D RAW + Lumetri = Crashing

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody know why my Premiere is crashing whenever i color grade R3D RAW files in Lumetri? I can grade for about 10 minutes and sometimes less, then the preview starts glitching out with some wierd green lines and artifacts. It does this for a few seconds and then turns black. When i scroll through the timeline nothing happens, it's just black. Then i have to restart Premiere. And sometimes that doesn't even help, so i have to restart my computer. This only happens with R3D files. I shoot and edit in 5K, haven't noticed any difference in any other sizes. But i've noticed that if i do the color grading through the editing tab instead of the color tab, it happens less frequently - but can still happen sometimes. It's just better and much easier to grade through the colors tab. This has been a problem for me for the past 2 maybe 3 years. So my workflow has always been to export the timeline in ProRes 442 HQ and then grade on top of that file instead. I just lose a lot of detail when i export the R3D Raw file and was just curious if anyone else have had this problem, and know a fix? I have changed my CPU since is started happening, and it's still the same. But i have the same GPU. Could this be the problem? It's a RTX2080S A8G. I have frequently updated Premiere, the GPU drivers and all other drivers since the problem started - so a driver update can't be the issue. Please let me know if anyone has an idea on how to fix this, thank you!

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Formats , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Full specs on your current computer would really help.

And it might even be overloaded GPU RAM or overheating.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil, here are the current pc specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / 3.7 GHz Processor 12-Core

GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080S A8G

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3000MHz

STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB M.2 Card - x3 (one for software, one for project, one for cache files)

MOTHERBOARD: MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK

WATERCOOLING: Corsair iCUE H150i RGB XT Liquid CPU

Please let me know if you need anything else 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before i changed a few parts i had:

CPU: AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper 1950X / 3.4 GHz

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS PRIME X399-A, ATX

WATERCOOLING: NZXT Kraken X62

And i had the same problem as i have now..

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like either the vRAM on the GPU is having troubles, getting filled or something, or the GPU is overheating somehow.

Neither of which should be happening with your rig as far as I can see. Huh.

Might track GPU temp and vRAM use if you can  while working ...

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey did you ever solve this?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not... 🥲

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, I'm working on a project using 6k raw files from Komodo.

Using the latest premiere version, in two different workstations (PC and the latest M1 Mac studio), i'm having issues as soon as I tweek the color wheels in Lumetri Panel.

In the first case (PC), the moment i click the color wheels to change the shadows i.e the program monitor goes black. As soon as i hit the play button, it plays but it goes black again when i hit stop. Also the weird thing is that this happens only on 6k footage. In the same sequence the 4k or 2k raw files from the same camera play fine.

In the Mac Studio case, again if I start playing with the color wheels, I have this error: a low-level exception occurred in AE.ADBE Lumetri (GPUVideoFilter::GetFrameDependencies).

Is this a bug from premiere, am I doing something wrong?

Thx in advance,

Chris

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'm seeing this 6k r3d / lumetri issue all over the forums.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone with the weird Red files send the monitor black issue ... PLEASE go to their Premiere Pro UserVoice site, which is where they track all buggy behavior. Search for and upvote the posts over there on Red media issues & black screens.

Get them some data where the devs actually see it. As this forum is primarily user-to-user, that's the portal for all devs issues.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks! Will do it.

So its a Premiere bug, it's not something else i should worry. Right?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Appears to be at this time ...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines