Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red Giant Universe 4.0 not working - Premiere Pro 15.4

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

Last week I noticed that my RG Universe was acting up, specifically in adding transitions. I used stock ones instead to finish a project and then upgraded to 4.0 yesterday. Now NOTHING works in the latest version of Premiere. They show up in the effects panel and I can drag them, but nothing actually gets added to a clip. Does anyone have a similar story, and have a successful outcome? Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Editing , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the same issue here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Greg,

It's a Red Giant issue. Update the application manager, then see if any of your plug-ins need to be updated. Please report back if this fixes your issue.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my maxon manager says everything is up to date. ive tried uniinstalling and reinstalling and still nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated the Maxon installer? I had to get that updated then it showed the update for the rest of the suite.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my maxon application manager is up to date. version 1.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My RedGiant/Maxon control panel shows version 1.2.1 ...

Neil

RedGiant Maxon Control Panel.PNG

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats an old application manager that i cant download anymore. its all now through maxon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that mine say Maxon also ... and doesn't give me the option to change that.

At this point, I would contact Maxon help. It should be working.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bro I've been going through it since they updated universe in June. I messaged them through email and they have been giving me the complete runaround on what the problem is. They need to fix this issue because I'm paying $80 per month and can't enjoy any updated features. I have to go back to version 3.3.1 I unfortunately. Nothing they suggested works...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for everyone's input. I had to uninstall every Red Giant piece, and downgrade to 3.3 as well. Things seem to be working now but hesitant to upgrade again. 

FYI - I had called Maxon for help and they said to call Red Giant as Universe is covered by their support team. It took 3 days for them to call me back and I was traveling and missed the call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you 3.3 is working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am losing my mind... none of my keyframes are working with RGU! I placed uni.Knoll Light Factory EZ on adjustment layers, keyframed the brightness and flair movements... and now NONE of them work- the dang flair just sits in the center of frame looking like a sunspot on my soul. And when I can get it to work in the timeline- I go to export and the issue happens during the export rendering me a video file with no working keyframes. 

Client's don't understand buggy plug-ins. Think I can bill Maxon for the money I'm losing????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yowza ... um, you're paying enough for 'em you want them to work. My RG Universe seems all functional on 15.4 PrPro. Wonder what the hay is screwy for you ... ?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same!  I opened a ticket with RG and after multiple emails, they told me this:

"After a bit of digging, its seems the Keyframing in Premiere issue looks to be related to an issue the Universe team is checking into resolving on their end. I couldn't give any definitive timeframes as to when the fix will be released, but I've gone ahead and added this ticket to the issue's tallying system to give it some weight in development.

When the fix is released, either install it through the Maxon App, or just keep an eye on the Release notes page to check if the bug's been addressed."

The guy was pretty repsonsive but yes, paying for a product that doesn't work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the WORST plug-in authorization scheme in the known cosmos:  Red Giant Application Manager.  It unauthorizes my plug-ins at the most inconvenient times - twice on a Friday afternoon.  And, I was lucky to get a reply to a support ticket in less than five business days.  They blamed it on Covid.  I think they just don't care.

Since then, I clone my boot drive before DOING ANYTHING with RGAM, and if things don't go right, I revert my disk to the previous state before foolishly trusting Red Giant again, so that I can resume getting paying work delivered.

I prefer iLok to their egregiously unreliable method.  That said, I don't think iLok will work with any subscription scheme like Universe.  Those must touch base via the internet.  My licenses with RG are all permanent (supposedly).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I edit montages for people so I have to use the VHS effect but when I do that it just shows me green lines it's being weird and I updated my maxon app u installed and reinstalled in and still the same thing. What should I do? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Maxon support, probably. Some of us RG users are doing ok, some ... ain't. And it's their stuff that's somehow not lining up properly with the Adobe apps.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess this is still an issue with universe 4. I opened a project  today that uses the glofi effect on a bunch of text and it doesn't work at all - text goes transparent. I downgraded back to V3 and it fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I downgrade? Experiencing these exact issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nevermind, link below

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgrading is unfortunately the only thing to do right now. It's not a massive issue as 4.0 doesn't really add that many new and mind-blowing features. https://www.redgiant.com/support/installers/updates/universe/ - Grab the 3.3.1 here and it'll work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, 3.3.1 works!

Its a temporary fix but at least I can use Universe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3.3.1 working , thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case that link doesn't work Red Giant Downloads (maxon.net)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines