• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RED R3D Footage Imported into Premiere with Rec 709 Output Transform Settings - How To Change?

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that whenever I important RED R3D footage into Premiere, it automattically applies the Output Transform Settings (accessable via "Master" settings for each clip) for Rec.709 (Color Space) and BT.1886 (Gamma Curve) instead of REDWideGamutRGB and Log 3G10 (my desired settings). I must go through, clip-by-clip, and changes these settings to REDWideGamutRGB and Log 3G10 in each clips' "Master" settings. Is there an easier way to do this? Or a way to universally tell Premiere to apply different Color Space and Gamma Curve settings to imported R3D clips? Over time, it can be quite time consuming to have to adjust these individually after import for every clip. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 4.48.26 PM.png

TOPICS
Editing , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Win10 rig, RED media always shows up with the settings I'd see  if I click on the "as shot" tab at the top of the RED controls. Huh.

You can of course set the settings you want, right-click the Red Source Settings title line, and Save as a Preset.

Then you can drag/drop that on multiple selected clips to apply that instead of the current Red Source Settings options.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue and it appears to of come up since an update. While you can create a pre-set as R Neil Haugen metioned, this will replace any other camera settings such as ISO, WB and other raw adjustments. This has caused my production company many hours of additional editing time and I'm hoping Adobe can fix it asap. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, Adobe. Can we get this fixed so we're viewing the r709 transform by default? This is a new issue that came from a recent update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue, but for me it's the opposite. I shoot the Output Transfrom as Rec.709 and BT.1886 and upon import, all the clips are REDWideGamutRGB and Log 3G10. I have to manually change each individual clip. Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a solution for this yet? I have had the same problem for a couple years now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pr2022 has a COMPLETELY rebuilt color system, it is no longer the Rec.709 hard-coded app it used to be. It is now "color space agnostic" and they are building a new set of defaults, user controls, and behaviors at this time. But it is not nearly completed yet.

A big frustration is they have not managed to get even most of the 'major' format/codecs "fully color managed" in Adobe speak ... in other words, the app can recognize it from file metadata and has a default behavior and user-settable overrieds.

For RED RAW, for Arri RAW, for most V-logs & such ... PLEASE!!!!

Will everyone using any of the RED, Arri, Sony, and Panny "heavy codecs" go over to their Premiere Pro Public Beta forum and post about the troubles we are ALL having with them?

The engineers do closely monitor the public beta forum, typically even respond over there.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Fergus H ... got any help here?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines