• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reference monitor doesn't remain at set timecode

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using Premiere Pro v22.5.0 on Windows 10 and I'm having a very annoying issue. Using the reference monitor to colour grade, I want to be able to have it remain at a certain frame of the timeline, so I can grade another clip to match the one in the reference monitor.

The reference monitor is NOT SET TO "Gang to Program Monitor", so in theory it shouldn't move at all.

However, once I click on any clip in the timeline, the playhead inside the Reference monitor suddenly jumps to that clip. This is HUGELY frustrating, as I now have to drag the playhead inside the Reference monitor back to where it was and the next time I click on the same clip or another one, the playhead once again moves from its position.

What is going on? I'm certain this didn't use to happen in the past, as this is how I've been grading inside Premiere Pro for years.

Any ideas what's happening here? Thanks for letting me know.

And just to make this clear one more time - GANG TO PROGRAM MONITOR is NOT turned on 😄

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

For this, they assume you'll use the Comparison mode for the monitor. Which works perfectly as long as your clips are on the same video track.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this, they assume you'll use the Comparison mode for the monitor. Which works perfectly as long as your clips are on the same video track.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil. Big "duh" to me 😄 I realised the same thing like half an hour after I posted this! It's because the "Comparison Mode" is a relatively new addition and I used to do this job with the Reference Monitor in the past, which seems to have changed in the way it behaves.

Anyway, "Comparison Mode" does exactly what I need it to do, so thanks for helping me solve this 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a bit frustrated with the Reference monitor myself at this time, as it seems to go to whatever timeline is 'active' at the moment. If I want the Reference monitor AND Program monitor up, I'd want them separate, right?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly! Because I tried to trick it into doing my bidding by making a copy of my timeline, but then I noticed you can only 'reference' the timeline that is active in the Program monitor. Add to that this frustrating jumping around business the moment you click on a clip in the timeline and you end up with a pretty useless panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines