Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Proxies From Project

Enthusiast ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to remove proxies?

Once you are done with them and want to clear up some hard drive space I am going to probably delete proxies. I have tried this but once you delete the proxies the project constantly asks to reconnect the proxy files at project open and when you double click on a clip on the timeline it asks for "Edit Offline File" instead of opening in the source monitor. Am I missing some functionality here? Seems like an obvious oversight.

If its not already in the program, hopefully they can add a button to the media re-link windows that allows you to "forget proxies" or something.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Did you quit Premiere, delete Proxies, launch Premiere and select Offline All in Link Media dialog, then save the Project? If you don't save, then it will keep asking for the Offline clips. This works for me.

Also, double-clicking a clip with Offline Proxy in Timeline Sequence resulting in Edit Offline dialog (rather than open in Source monitor), is an open issue. The current workaround is to hold down CMD/Ctrl key and double-click clip to open in Source monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Sorry for the wait. Detach Proxies is now added to Premiere Pro 14.3.1. This will detach the Proxy from your clip(s). It will not delete them from your hard drive, but it will remove the Proxy attachment in Premiere Pro (Proxy column in Project panel will update blank/empty), which means the Link Media dialog will not come up asking for missing Proxies as they have actually be detached from the clip(s).

More info:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/whats-new/2020-4.html#detach-proxies

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2024 Sep 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this did not work for me.  I even put the proxies in the trash. The ONLY thing that worked was indivudually clicking  OFFLINE for each of the 802 clips... it sucked but only took about ten minutes once I figured it out.. this is a bug that really needs to be fixed. Thanks everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Such an awesome addition! Thanks Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines