• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Request - Lock Timeline (Source Monitor) to Source Monitor selection

Explorer ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I the only one who thinks this would be a useful way to work? Pancake style editing would be easier with this.

When I open a timeline or clip in the 'Timeline (Source Monitor)' it's ganged to the Source Monitor but it should change when I change what's in the Source Monitor (especially if I use the drop down list in the Source Monitor panel menu).

It would enable you to always see the timeline of your source while you edit ('pancake' style) into your main timeline.

Any workarounds that might help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Yes agree absolutely... adobe.com/go/wish to request it

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes agree absolutely... adobe.com/go/wish to request it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How might what you're looking to do differ from Gang Sync or Reverse Match Frame?

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gang sync's up the timelines, I'm talking about having whats in the "Timeline (Source Monitor)" change when you change what's in the Source Monitor. Currently I can set it up like this but when I change what's in the Source Monitor the (Source Monitor) "Timeline" doesn't change. Would be nice.

Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 2.57.12 am.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does "pancake style" mean?  Never heard of that before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure which coined the term, I saw something about it on Premiere Bro.com - the idea of having two timelines open,  one on top of the other and editing from one to the other. This would take that a step further. It's kind of a what I'm used to when using Quantel (SAM) qEdit and Pablo. You can always see your source sequence and step through the edits within it etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines