• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Safe Margins greyed out

Participant ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to get the safe margins grid to show up in the PRoejcte monitor.  It's greyed out.  Ive looked at my overlay settings and nothing seems to fix the greyed out menu item in the wrench drop down.  I was  using this function just the other day.

Premiere Pro 16..2.4

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you aren't looking at the Source Monitor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure :).  I can get the safe margins to show up  by putting the icon in the controls bar under the Program monitor.  So, there's that.  But still would like to know why it's greyed out in the wrench menu.  It was not greyed out last time I was using it.  Between that session and now, I had changed the overlay settings.  But everything is set to the default now yet Safe Margins is still greyed out in the wrench menu.  And, since we're on the topic, the margins seem wider than the grid that popped up when using the wrench menu.  The default settings is 8% horizontal and 5% vertical which is wider than the action safe default (10% horizontal and 8% vertical).  Last time I checked, the title safe margins should be smaller than the action safe margins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ty resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean installation of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver)

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay - I will give these a try.  (I'm on a Mac Studio - M1 Max.  Not sure if this may be part of the issue - not being on an Intel machine.)  Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let us know if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you had a chance to test it? Please let us know.

We're here to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines