• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scene Edit Detection not working

Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone gotten Scene Edit Detection working? On my PC, I've tried a variety of media and scene edit detection simply does it's Analyzing, then nothing. No cuts, no edits.

On Windows 10, Premiere v14.4.0 (Build 38)

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

I posted prematurely. I had installed the latest update and immediately ran Premiere and had edit detection fail. A simple reboot made the Scene Edit Detection work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, short on info. Intel iMac i9. Latest version of Premiere. Mac OS 13.2.1

Premiere 22 always worked like a dream, but since the update it's very flaky. I have tried it on MP4 as well as APple ProRes. No difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no reason why you can't keep premiere 22 on your system and use that for scene detection and then bring the scene detected sequence into 2023 via xml.  The ability to have more than one version of premiere on the same system  is one of the great features available in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very true Michael, that hadn't occurred to me. It'd be nice if it work as designed, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

been doing this a very long time, starting on avid, then fcp 1-7 and now Premiere (and using resolve for difficult color correction jobs).  They've all had issues after some updates....   so for me, it's about getting the job done as quickly as possible often with the client sitting looking over my shoulder.    These are extremely complex programs and adding a feature or fixing a bug can cause  unexpected problems seemingly unrelated to the fix and with the vast variations in hardware it's unrealistic to expect adobe to test every possible variable...  I rarely use automatic scene  detection so I haven't had to try it in Premiere 2023 yet.    And gotta say, I tried it a number of times with DaVinci Resolve a few years ago and the interface was to say the least unintuitive and the results sucked...  although it might have been partly due to operator error...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with the new update. I have had to role back to the previous version to keep the Scene Edit Detection function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to use the scene edit detection tool several times in different ways, and it's still not working.

Transcoded to Apple ProRes HQ a file that was 37GB turned into a 170GB file. Updated to the 22.6.4 Version of Premiere, updated the 23.3 version. Nesting, trying different files... Nothing.

MacBook Pro M1 32GB RAM

MacOS Ventura

Premiere Pro 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you want to send me a short clip and I'll see if I can get it to work?  I'm working on a new macstudio with premiere 23.2.  You can send me a direct message by clicking on my username at the top of my post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. I have tried all of those things. Has someone found a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @sarah21957859dzoj - Hi @pablo mu88542410,

I tested this issue out on macOS and PC and I could not replicate the issue. Can you please send me a test file that I can pass along to developers for further testing? Feel free to send me a PM with the link. I hope I can assist.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what you mean with test file or PM.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem on windows 10. I run scene edit detection , it spends a few minutes analysing and when it's done nothing happens 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looks like there is barely any solutions even solutions are being posted. I'm playing around and if I find anything, I'll hit you up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2023 Jul 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working for me. Have tried many times, many of the suggestions here. It loads and then nothing gets cut. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Not tryng to pile on with unhelpful stories, but I've been trying all of these solutions and still the same issue. It will analyse, and then do nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my scene edit detection wont work at all, it keeps saying it failed and usuaaly makes me force quit the app. I also dont know what transcodes are

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iit doesnt work too for my case. nothing happen when i tried many round to apply secen edit detection even after i shut it down and open it back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not working after update ver.24
and broken in ver 23.6 to

but It work in ver 23.0

- m1 ultra mac studio / sonoma OS -

- m2 max macbook pro / sonoma OS - same issue but can't lunch 23.0 OTL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2024 Jan 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone is still having trouble with this, I found that having the audio, and ensuring audio and video is linked, got detection working for me. No idea why!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2024 Jan 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no idea either, but thanks for posting your workaround.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I use it, I get no cuts the first time, but then I close Premiere Pro, open it again and immediately run Scene Edit Detection again and it works.  Not a huge pain to do this but it's definitely a bug and it would be nice if it just worked the first time.

Premiere Pro 24.1

M2 Pro Mac mini

Ventura 13.6.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to understand, the task is not to improve something with updates, but to convince investors that everything is going on as it should. There are many muddy firms that produce for money what could have become part of the product for a long time, but never became and never become ... lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also not working with me, I just use DaVinci's "Detect scene cuts" then just export xml file for Premiere. way more faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I just wanted to add my experience here as I got it to work.

If you don't have audio on that clip it won't add cuts, for whatever reason I'm not sure but this still seems to be a persistent problem to this day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines