• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen artifacts/glitches on the new MacBook Pro 2016

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got my new macbook pro w sierra and the touchbar.

• Touch Bar and Touch ID
  • 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
  • 16GB 2133MHz memory
  • 1TB PCIe-based SSD
  • Radeon Pro 460 with 4GB memory

As soon as I begin a new sequence with GoPro 4k video and begin to trim it down, the screen freezes and turns various colors, comp frozen and I have to force reboot with the touch button. I've had the comp for 24 hours, and it crashed twice in a row. Unable to resolve.

Video of my issue:  Macbook pro with OS sierra and touchbar crashing using premiere cc - YouTube

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Hi mcuthrie,

Branched your post into a new discussion because it's a different issue.

Many people have reported this problem on the new MacBook Pro with the Radeon Pro series GPU. We're working with Apple in resolving this issue.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mcuthrie:

I'm envious and not envious at the very same time.

Have you tried any troubleshooting that weeds out it being the the source footage or it being Premiere Pro?

For example, how does your new system behave if you're using QuickTime Player or GoPro Studio?

And, have you tried PR CC 2017 yet?  (You may already know this, but you can install 2017 without removing 2015.3.)

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can open videos with QT no problem. I can also preview video files (press spacebar when looking at a file in Finder). I don't use gopro studio.

Yes, using premiere cc 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I were in this situation, I'd start a support chat with AppleCare.  Go to MacBook Pro - Official Apple Support https://support.apple.com/mac/macbook-prothen scroll down to "Help me with my MacBook Pro" and follow the links.  Or, just call AppleCare at (800) 275-2273.

I'd also start a support chat with Adobe support.  Start here: Contact Customer Care

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an appointment at the apple store tomorrow and will report back. Has adobe posted anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mcuthrie,

Branched your post into a new discussion because it's a different issue.

Many people have reported this problem on the new MacBook Pro with the Radeon Pro series GPU. We're working with Apple in resolving this issue.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news!

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In an emergency, if you have to finish a project with PP CC and MBP 2016 with Radeon 3460 GFX card, in your project settings you can select software only rendering. It slows your machine down to snails pace and you'll have to render a lot but in an emergency it may get you to the finish post until a solution is found. I manage to get my 2.9Ghz with Radeon 460 to be stable with no crashes this way to get a project out. As soon as I turned on GPU rendering it crashes regularly again.

Sharing in case it helps. Looking forward to a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing this information, jimbo_hippo!

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this exact issue. I'm 99% sure it's software related (apple or adobe), since it never occurs when I have an external display connected and my macbook shut on the side. At least AE works like a breeze all the time

The display (ASUS PB287Q) is connected via a USB C 3.1 to Displayport adapter, running at 3840x2160 60Hz, which is way more pixels to push than the built in display.

I'm running the 2016 MBP with

Premiere Pro 2017

i7 2.6GHz

Radeon 460

512Gb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went to the apple store today and they ran diagnostics. Determined it must be software since there were no hardware issues during diagnostics. Upgraded to OS 10.12.2.

Have not yet tested video, but wanted to at least share that it seems to be on the software side. Will report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problems too. Exact same glitchy freezing screen problem whenever I use PP 2015 as well as the 2017 update.

Running 2016 MBP with touchbar

i7 2.9GHz

Radeon 460 with 4GB of RAM

512GB Storage

Sierra 10.12.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant to include that Apple said if you are using filevault, that is a suspected root cause for this issue. If feasible, disable filevault on your mac, or configure it so it is not encrypting your AV files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 25, 2016 Dec 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tested this extensively but after turning file vault off and GPU rendering back o, I rendered out three projects with heavy effect and 2.7K media successfully. Takes a while for filevault to complete but before the changes it would certainly crash with flashing screen. Will test more after Christmas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My above post might have given false hope. Crashing is still very prevalent with FileVault turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RameezKhan​ - at the top it says this question was answered, but maybe I missed the solution? Can you re-share?

I was unable to resolve the issues with the late 2016 MBP and returned it until this gets figured out. There are numerous reports now around the web of similar graphics issues that have yet to be resolved.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mcuthrie,

There is no solution, as of today.

We're working with Apple to fix this issue. I'll post an update on this thread (and many others) when the issue is resolved.

For now, on older MacBooks with macOS 10.12.x, changing the Video Renderer to OpenCL or software only resolves the problem. For the new MacBook Pro (with the Touch Bar), sadly, there is no solution.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will Adobe fix this????  I can't export (Crashes halfway through) or watch anything 4K in the preview monitor (Red or green flash flickering in the screen_I bought a new macbook pro w sierra and the touchbar.  I have been to the Genius Bar 2 times and talked to Adobe and Apple 2 times each and nobody knows the answer.  This is my 2nd MacBook Pro Touch because I traded in the 1st one thinking it was the computer.  Now I am certain that Adobe just isn't up to date on software.  Please help!!!

• Touch Bar and Touch ID
  • 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
  • 16GB 2133MHz memory
  • 1TB PCIe-based SSD
  • Radeon Pro 460 with 4GB memory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi davidz & rosssydney,

Sorry for your issue!

Go to File > Project Settings > General and check which option is selected under Video Rendering and Playback.

Switch the Video Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine software only and see if that helps.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just previewing a video clip in Premier timeline, screen glitches, then goes nuclear - freezes MacBook!

MacBook 15in 2016

2.9 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Radeon Pro 460 4 GB

Intel HD Graphis 530 1536 MB

High Sierra 10.13.2

Adobe Premier Pro CC 2018 v 12.0.0 (Build 224)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines