• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Serious error has occurred.... and is still occurring!

Enthusiast ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have had this error twice this morning so far, and happens regularly with Premiere Pro.

First time it happened this morning I was just keying an opacity mask over a video...  nothing too major right?  The second time it happened (and I get this happening a lot when I do this) I was dragging the Project windows out into my second monitor to create a new window...  and again the "serious error has occurred".  I do send the crash reports every time it pops up, but I need some help to get this sorted.  I get the error doing other little jobs too, and usually at least a day when I'm using Premiere a lot.

Environment:

Windows 10 Pro v10.0.17134, Lenovo P50 laptop, x64, 32 GB RAM, GPU: Nvidia Quadro M1000M, Core i7-6700 @ 2.60 Ghz, quad-core, 500GB SSD.

Can anyone help?  This is driving me nuts.

Regards, aTomician

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:

FAQ: How to reset preferences in Premiere Pro?

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:

Reset a workspace

Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.

1. Do one of the following:
    • Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
    • Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn’t work,try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peru Bob

Have reset a few times, updated a couple of times since that post and I'm still getting the error when dragging windows into separate screen.  Also my workspaces are going nuts, layouts don't seem to be saving properly when I save, and when I reset to saved, often goes to a different layout that I for sure didn't set up. 

Any workarounds or solutions?

Regards, aTomician

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try different graphics drivers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first action would be Step 2K below.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to reset my PC the other day, wiped hard drive and reinstalled windows, was to do with a domain authentication error.  Interestingly, this error with PPro popped up as usual, again while dragging the project panel out into second screen.

I use Photoshop, Ily, AfterFX all in dual screen setups, and I don't get the problem with any of them.  Haven't had any similar graphics issues with Cinema 4D, Sketchup, VRay, Blender or Daz3D.  Just PPro consistently gives me this error.

Still baffled as to what it could be...  Tried resetting workspaces as per Jim Simon​ (thanks for that btw) and since the PC reset, I'm obviously working on a fresh install of PPro, started from blank workspaces again, and on latest versions of everything.  I can restart PPro to fix but this is happening often enough that it's annoying!

Jim_Simon  wrote

My first action would be Step 2K below.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide 

I went through quite a few of these steps, I'll carry on going through others, but any suggestions much appreciated in the meantime.  Seems a good guide btw.

Regards, aTomician

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how are you connected to the second monitor? details needed please

as pp is delicate when it comes to dual monitors especially as you

state you are working from a laptop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laptop connects via Lenovo dock / port replicator.  Both monitors plugged in using identical connections, HDMI to DP.  Laptop screen not in use when it's on the dock, I have 2 identical monitors and display is extended across them both.

This is my dock: ThinkPad 230W Workstation Dock | Lenovo UK

Regards, aTomician

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

did you try to update the driver for that?

are there any settings you have to configure for it in

the preferences - playback? can you screenshot that part?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines