• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

*SSD FAILURE: Damaged/Corrupted Premiere Pro Project. (HELP - Can anyone repair/fix?)*

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I had a Sandisk Extreme 2TB SSD fail on me.

Luckily it was a working drive and client's drive, but I didn't have my .proj files backed up to my personal file system.

I used Disk Drill and recovered it all, but the Premiere Pro .proj files are corrupted. 

Yes I've tried:

• Opening up a new project and importing the .proj via both Media Browser and Command+I
  • Viewing the .proj in XMLWrench - but nothing populated in the viewer. Blank text on every import

I know there is data somewhere in there because it has a file size of 7MB. 

I also already contacted About Mohsen Aghaei - Adobe Support Community  as he looks like he has had success, but he hasnt been online in two years.

Can ANYONE fix this .proj/XML? 

File linked here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T-549LRbl4DCmkS4WLTj9rx1jN0zUyTs/view?usp=share_link
Working cut: https://vimeo.com/811451996/8afaf180c2

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried the autosave files? 
This won't be what you want to hear, but at least you have the working cut. You can lay it down and match cut over the top of it to recreate.  You might find it quicker than trying to rescue the corrupted prproj files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 😪. Every .proj file is corrupted and most video clips as well.

The only thing unscathed in the recovery via DiskDrill was sound/audio files.

Yeah you're not wrong.

I've wrote it off as a loss and am just going to topline the previous export after client sends over a new drive with needed media and comform the picture accordingly.  

Figured I'd try here in the meantime just in case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yep I've never had much luck recovering video files.  I've used windows software called r-studio.  I think there are dedicated video recovery tools out there, though.  Ones that will make bits of the video files playable rather than the whole thing being trash if a part of it is trash - but again it depends on how much you need to recover.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't look promissing for that file. It's not a project. On a project if you have 7zip you can right-click and in the 7zip options you can 'open archive', then if you edit it internally (F4) you will see a pretty standard XML file. Your file, just shows garbage. 

I don't know Disk Drill, but it says it can restore deleted files. There would be a difference between deleted files and a crashed SSD. Perhaps some other one would work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines