• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still image default duration not working when I change Frame Rate

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making a frame by frame animation which needs to be 12fps. In preferences, I set the still image default duration as 2 frames. Then I set up the sequence as the Digital SLR 1080p 24fps setting. I then drop in my frames which auto sets to 2 frames per image.

The timebase for this preset is actually 23.976. When I go to sequence settings and change the timebase to 24fps, the frames that I drop in are no longer auto set to 2 frames as the still image default duration, they are put into the timeline as 1 frame. I can't seem to find a way around this - the default in preferences is still set to 2 frames but it always auto sets to 1 frame.

Why does the still image default duration not work when I change from 23.976 to 24fps?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Changing still image default duration only applies to newly imported images.

Changing duration on stills already in the project: select all in Project window > right click > change duration.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing still image default duration only applies to newly imported images.

Changing duration on stills already in the project: select all in Project window > right click > change duration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah but it shouldn't be like that. That's not what "Stills image default duration" means. That settings should apply to all stills not yet in the timeline, wether they are in the project bin or not imported yet. How many users who don't have a clue of what is happening need to search about it on the internet to learn this nonsense ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed. It should say: "Stills image default duration upon import." That would make it clear, but still, took me 15 seconds searching Google to get this answeer, so...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines