Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Caption Auto Scroll

Explorer ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick question. After transcribing the text, it usually lets me single-click on the next paragraph and then auto scrolls. The auto-scroll feature is enabled, but I have to manually scroll down to the next segment to check the text etc. 

Is this something in the settings or just a bug in the system? I use the caption service on every video produced, and the auto-scroll was a good feature.

Thanks

John

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

john,

I never noticed the difference. And now that you ask, I don't know whether it was different before. I'm guessing not.

When playing from the Text Panel or playing/scrubbing from the timeline/Program Monitor, it scrolls to keep the current text centered. As it approaches the beginning or end, it stops scrolling, since the text will stay on the screen. Zooming in or out on the timeline does not really change this, but may change how much it scrolls when scrubbing.

But clicking in the Te

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

john,

I never noticed the difference. And now that you ask, I don't know whether it was different before. I'm guessing not.

When playing from the Text Panel or playing/scrubbing from the timeline/Program Monitor, it scrolls to keep the current text centered. As it approaches the beginning or end, it stops scrolling, since the text will stay on the screen. Zooming in or out on the timeline does not really change this, but may change how much it scrolls when scrubbing.

But clicking in the Text Panel on a paragraph that is at the top or bottom of the screen does not scroll to center that text. You must scroll with the mouse.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stan,

Sorry for the late reply. I've been away over the weekend.

When I transcribe a video, I go through each of the paragraphs created, usually copying in my own words to overwrite any mistakes. I could click on the next paragraph, which auto-scrolls into place, ready for my next check. This does not work now, and I have to literally scroll the text into position. 

The text does scroll automatically when playing the video. However, this is after I have done my initial checks on the wording etc. It's not much of an issue, but it slows my work time down. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John,

I tested further in the older versions I have installed. PR 15.4.5 and 22.6.4 both show the auto-scrolling you describe. In the Text Panel -> Transcript Tab, clicking the text of a paragraph that is not centered scrolls so that it is.

I did not report it, but I was previously testing the then-current release version 23.3.0. The same "new" behavior is present in the latest Beta, 23.5.0 Build 24.

I see that some users report installing 23.4.0, so a new release version must be rolling out. If it shows the “new” behavior, I would file a bug report. A user who simply wants to edit the transcript would find the “old” behavior preferable.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines