• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The right export settings for screen recordings?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone. 

I'm using my M1 Pro MacBook to record things on my screen. I use QuickTime's built-in screen recorder and I just do some basic editing in Premiere Pro before exporting; things like trimming, voice-overs, text, and noise reduction. 

The export settings I currently use are H.264 with the preset Match source - Medium Bitrate, my video resolution is 3454 x 1978 and the finished product is around 397 mb. 

The export is quite slow compared to other clips (not screen recordings) and I was wondering if I'm using the right export settings for my situation. What preset should I use? I plan to upload these clips on places like Udemy and a private website. 

I'd appreciate some tips on how I should export my videos, they are usually under 20 mins. Thanks!

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Hi Hosna5ED8,

Sorry about the poor experience. What is the format/codec of the screen recorded media? Also, have you tried transcoding the screen recorded media to an edit-friendly codec like Quicktime > Apple ProRes 422 & checked if it's working properly?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hosna5ED8,

Sorry about the poor experience. What is the format/codec of the screen recorded media? Also, have you tried transcoding the screen recorded media to an edit-friendly codec like Quicktime > Apple ProRes 422 & checked if it's working properly?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the response.

The format is .mov and it's the only output format available. For a 23 minute video, the size is 2.92 GB, could the size contribute to the issue?

I'll try with other screen recorders, maybe it's an issue with QuickTime Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines