Thumbnails and waveforms constantly flashing - almost unable to operate

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe-Team:

What is this??

https://vimeo.com/246243945

Using Premiere Pro 2018 and our Thumbnails and Waveforms are constantly flickering/flashing.

Handling Premiere during this behavior is almost impossible, UI becomes quite unresponsive.

This behaviour starts and stops spontaneously.

Sometimes zooming wildly in and out helps, sometimes we have to restart the machine etc.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and/or...

Reset Preferences.

Reset workspace.

Update or roll back a video driver

reinstall and Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

See if that is any good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ann Bens!

will give those a try.

Are there recommendations on which video driver to use on a Win10 System with a Nvidia 980Ti?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up until my latest project, 2018 has been very stable but now I also am getting the flashing waveform. It seems fine for a while and the starts, restarting fixes it temporally. Perhaps some sort of memory leak?

Win 10, GTX 970

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact problem here. It started about Oct/Nov 2017.

Win 10, GTX1070

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Current Blackmagic driver installed? Try rolling back to 10.9.5 driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any Update? I am having the same problem, Also using BMD Ultrastudio 4K. running 10.9.12 driver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that downgrading the BM driver from 10.9.12. to 10.9.5 has sovled the problem in my case

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi S-L Cutter,

Please try updating Premiere Pro.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

already updatet to current version, still have massive Problems with the mentioned behaviou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

Any chance the next update might address this problem?

I could spend a day troubleshooting the steps outlined here but I just don't believe it would solve the problem.  I have PP running on half a dozen systems and all of them demonstrate this behaviour.  Restarting the program helps, but it does come back.   It's a very frustrating bug that I'm surprised hasn't been addressed as yet.

Best wishes,

Anthony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same same issue with Premiere Pro 2018 (version 12.1.1), I have experienced a few strange errors with my sequences. Just now, while playing an effects-heavy sequence, the audio channels/files in my sequence started flashing uncontrollably - and then even when I stop playing the video, they continued flashing. I took a video of the error to help better explain this:

IMG_5384 on Vimeo

I am worried that something is wrong with my project and would appreciate any guidance anyone can offer - can someone from Premiere answer this/ any of the above questions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the same behavior. All kind of footage and codecs. Really bad thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all and Kevin-Monahan,

I read on on another forum that someone found a solution to something similar to this problem by changing the smooth scroll setting on the timeline to the page scroll setting. Has anyone tried this and had any success?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solutions??? I had this on a previous version, now it´s really bad with 13.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue using Blackmagic UltraStudio 4k. Reverting back to 10.9.5 seems to have resolved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Blackmagic Design has recently released Desktop Video 11.5 which addresses multiple issues with Premiere Pro.

If you are using Blackmagic Design PCIe or thunderbolt products, you may update to the latest version (11.5) and check if it's working properly.

You may refer to this link to know more about it.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saw this flickering today on v22.4

What *seemed* to fix it was to center pan the audio in one of the tracks (ie A1 was centre panned, A2 was incorrectly panned left).

Just in case it helps anyone...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. Seeing it on Version 22.4.0. 

M1 Macbook Pro

macOS Monterey Version 12.2.1

16GB Memory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experienced it with a completely different project on a different computer as well.

Premiere V 22.4.0

2020 iMac Retina 5k

3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7

72 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 memory

AMD Radeon Pro 7500 8 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a ridiculous little workaround, but it seems to do the trick... when your waveforms start flickering, just CMD-TAB open another application, any application, ontop of Premiere.  Then minimse it, and voila... the timeline is stable again.  For a while at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the simplist solution and actually works!  At least there's a temporary fix because it's a huge obstacle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish this worked for me. Been having this issue for about 3 weeks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

forgot to say, I'm working on a Mac... not sure if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines