• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline is 10 minutes long and even maximum zoom barely lets me see my 20 second clip

New Here ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm having an irritating error where I cannot do meaningful editing on my project, because the timeline is 10 minutes long while my actual clip is only 30 seconds.

As a result, even on maximum zoom it barely zooms far enough that my project fills the time bar, let alone let me get close enough to precisely move the clips around.

I looked on the forums and the answers were all variations on "it doesnt matter  just zoom in : ) ", but maximum zoom is not enough. Please, can someone explain why this is? The project exports to a normal length video, but I'm at my wits end

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and after fifteen minutes of distress the damn timeline decides actually I'm allowed to zoom all the way in now. Sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zoom to Sequence ...Shortcut Key is "\"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• use the + (or = which is the same key) and - keys to zoom in and out.
  • also use Alt+Scroll.
  • zoom to sequence -  "\" will switch between your previous zoom level to your current zoom.
  • you also have the zoom tool in the tools menu (in CC2017 packed with the hand tool). you can use the Z shortcut to use it too.
  • you can also use the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of your timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Four years later and the issue persists. I have exactly 10 minutes at the end of my timeline with no "extra" frames. Interesting how others responded with what you originally wrote "just zoom in" without a real answer. Looks like this is by design by Adobe, even though Avid allows you to control the length of your timeline. I really don't like extra space at the end...but cannot get around it. Yes, I know about the "\" but that doesn't answer the question nor does it solve the "problem" with this. I guess we just have to suffer through.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you please start a new conversation, as this is an old threath. When you do, please share your system info. Like OS and version, CPU, RAM, GPU vRAM, Pr version? Thanks. Also a screen grab of your issue will be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines