Timer for amount of time spent on a project etc.

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks! I'm new to this - Premiere Pro in particular - and being new tons of time are spent on one single project, i am sure all of you empathize with that, hehe. 

With that i would like to know if there is a timer which keeps track of time spent on this and that - apart of programs running on PC/MAC like task manager / activity monitor. (Hehe, and maybe a timer for how much it lags from time to another accompanied by the count of how many times it has crashed).

Anyone with a solution, is it that hard to add one if so?

Anyways, thanks in advance. The program is well developed to all Adobe staff, thanks!!

- Maks

TOPICS
Editing, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, lamentablemente no hay ningun teporixador que te diga cuantas horas llevas en el programa. quizas debas usar una pp externa, aunque de ya te digo que por mas años que lleves en el prograna o dias, siempre habra algo nuevo por aprender, asique olvida el tiempo y dedicate a dar lo mejor de ti en el software.

Saludos

Harold

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Maks, 

Project time tracking is an interesting idea, and a few developers have looked into it over the years; I don't know of any resounding successes (apologies, if a developer of a resounding success is reading this; I don't get out much).

There are lots of decisions to make, which would greatly affect the time balance(s) the user accrues: 

• Do you track only based on having "Projects of Interest" open, or do you track all PPro run time?
  • If you track Projects of Interest, what do you do if/when the user creates a new project? Is the new project automatically Interesting (tracked) as well?
  • Do you require that they work in a Production, so work across all contained projects is tracked?
  • If the user is QC'ing a long sequence, do you track 2 hours of sequence playback as "work"?
  • Is render time "work"?
  • Do you let the user manually start and stop work sessions, track on your own, or both (to detect the difference between stated and actual work time)?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines