Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Track matte key in Premiere Pro 2022 not working

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a lovely track matte key animation as part of a transition in Adobe Premiere Pro 2021, now that I've updated to 2022 it's stopped working.  Please can you fix this ASAP.

I've had to re-create this in After Effects but it just does not look the same and I can't revert my project back to Premiere Pro 2021 too which is also really annoying.

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a copy of your backup project.

Open 2022.  Import the copy of the 2021 project into it.

Does the animation work now?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumped into the same issue with the 2022 update.  When can we get a fix for this Trak Matte problem?  I have had to export separate layers and recreate in 2019 to add the track Matte Key.  Help

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have no troubles with the Track Matte effect in projects created in the 2022 version. So ... this would seem to be an issue from project migration. So, some troubleshooting questions seem useful.

- If you create a project in 2022, and add the Track Matte effect, does it work properly?

- When migrating the project, did you create a new project in 2022, then from MediaBrowser, select the old project file and Import the assets to the new project file? This is by far the safest, most reliable way to migrate. "Opening" an old version project in a new version is prone to issues.

- When opening the project in 2022, did you first delete all cache files? That's another area that is rife with troubles.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines