• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transcribe but use my script

Explorer ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen a couple simular therads, but no resent answers.

In premiere pro, after having transcibed a video, how do i import my already written script to replace the autotranscribe? You can of course do this on YouTube, but their subtitle formatting is not great. 

Btw. this is what happens: When i import my script, after autotranscribe, premiere does absolutely nothing with it. i can't drag it up to the captions window and see no option to replace. it makes no sence that this isn't a feature by now, so i'm sure there's just something i'm doing wrong?

Any answers are much appreciated 🙂

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

That is not a feature yet. There have been Feature Requests for this, but I can't find any in the new Ideas forum. If you submit one, post a link here so we can upvote.

There are new options in the just released version 23.4.0, with "Text-based Editing," but I don't believe they include this. See the FAQs for the Text-based Editing feature:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/text-based-editing-faq.html

There is an option for "Import Corrected Transcript." In the FAQs, a question abou

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not a feature yet. There have been Feature Requests for this, but I can't find any in the new Ideas forum. If you submit one, post a link here so we can upvote.

There are new options in the just released version 23.4.0, with "Text-based Editing," but I don't believe they include this. See the FAQs for the Text-based Editing feature:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/text-based-editing-faq.html

There is an option for "Import Corrected Transcript." In the FAQs, a question about exporting files for spell-checking says, "We recommend using the built-in spellchecker in Premiere Pro, and for less common words, you can use Search and replace to bulk edit them in the Text panel." There is also a note: "Note: If necessary, you can export transcripts as .txt or .csv files. It’s possible to re-import spell-corrected transcripts in the same formats, but this is less reliable, and the updated transcript may not connect with the video timecode."

In the FAQ, there is also the question, "Can I import a transcript from outside Premiere Pro." The answer is "To use Text-Based Editing, transcripts must be generated inside Premiere Pro. However, you can import transcripts to create captions." But the only import option I see for a transcript is the proprietary PR format.

@nbechere Can you enlighten us? In my tests with the Import Corrected Transcript, it seemed to me that the challenge was dealing with the very detailed timing of the transcript text compared to timecodes in captions.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply Stan.

Can't believe it really isn't a feature yet..

I've done some more testing and I don’t think there is a good way of getting Premiere to generate timings for subtitles as of now. With a lot of manual work I can do it, but it is just awful to work with unfortunately.

I’ve made the feature request as you suggested. Here’s a link:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-ideas/option-to-overwrite-transcript-with-user-script-pr...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines