• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transcription – How to Save Speaker's Name and Time in the TXT-File? How to Open .prtranscript-File?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear members,

I hope, you are doing well.

I am newbie to Premiere Pro. I saw different tutorials by Adobe.

The problem is, that for a correct transcription it is sometimes necessary, to save the speaker's names and the times, when a speech is spoken, to the TXT-File. I do not need subtitles. I only need a transcription. Also I tried to open the saved prtranscript-File, but I could not open it.

Could someone please help? On Monday, I have a project to create and so I need to know it until Monday, 2021-10-08. Thank you very much for your help. 

Have a great day. Stay safe!

Best regards,

Martina from Germany

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

At the moment there is no way to export a transcription with speaker names and timecode. Let's hope that comes soon.

You can export the text of the transcription, or you can convert to captions and then export those with timecode as an SRT. But you can't have speaker names unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the moment there is no way to export a transcription with speaker names and timecode. Let's hope that comes soon.

You can export the text of the transcription, or you can convert to captions and then export those with timecode as an SRT. But you can't have speaker names unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Mike,

Thank you very much for your helpful answer.

Have a great day!

Kind regards,

Martina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need more features than the built in transcription offers, have a look at Transcriptive Rough Cutter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just FYI, in newest public Beta version, exporting transcript to text and csv files includes speaker and timecode. You must opt in to identifying speakers (as currently). You see "Speaker 1," "Speaker 2," etc until you edit the speaker names. You can install the Beta along with the current release version. Note that the Beta is at PR project file version 40, while the release PR 2021 is project file version 39.  This means that you cannot open a Beta version file in the release version. But, for example, you could creat a new project in Beta, transcribe and export, and just use that information as you indicate.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point, Stan. I had forgotten that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does one find PR version 40? I have PP v.15.4.1 (build 6) installed. I could not find a way to update the program to build 40. Thx,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That number is the internal numbering, found if you unzip & open the project file.

The current 15.4.1 shipping version is 39, the public beta (which is 22.x at the moment) is 40.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Neil explained this a bit more. You will see that I referred to the issue as the "PR project file version," not the PR version. You are asking about the "PR version." The current "release" version is PR 15.4.1 (also called PR 2021). It has a build number, but there is only one build of a release version. The Beta version is updated almost daily, so the build changes that often. And you can only install/upgrade to the lastest version of the Beta - and the latest will have the feature we are discussing.

The Beta version is a new installation of PR, not an update. It will exist along side the release version(s) of PR that you have. The Beta is installed from the Creative Cloud Desktop via the Beta Apps tab on the left.

I do not suggest moving to do production work in the Beta version. There are often unexpected bugs. I am suggesting the Beta version in addition to the release version, testing to see if it will do what you need, and then using it to export the file type you want.

Stan  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines