• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transform Effect BUG: Shutter Angle broken when GPU Rendering Is enabled.

Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the current issue.

I have a project where I am simply increasing the scale using the transform effect. In order to get motion blur, I have unchecked use composition shutter angle and increased the shutter angle to 200. When changing the scale, the image will now have the motion blur but the shape is moved away from its original position (not in the center anymore) when GPU Acceleration renderer is selected.

This is what it looks like when GPU Acceleration renderer is selected

1.PNG

This is what it looks like when Mercury Playback Engine Software is selected

2.PNG

This bug is pretty annoying. As rendering with Software Renderer is extremely slow. Please let me know what can be done and if you are working on this.

-Kyler

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also here is another example of the GPU Renderer Error

The scale of my text layer is 0. But it's showing 100 scale instead.

This is with GPU Acceleration enabled.

1.PNG

This is with Mercury Software enabled.

2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been an issue for years, and I'm surprised there aren't more people complaining about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya shoulda started this post as a bug ... maybe a mod will change it's type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce any bug using a shape or text and the Transform Effect with a scale change and unchecking 'Use Comp's Shutter Angle' and a Shutter Angel increase. Changing the scale does offset the shape as it increases, but that looks like a matter of where the Anchor Point is at because if you move the shape layer towards the center of the Program Mon. More importantly, it looks the same to me in GPU Rendering and Software Only Rendering modes. Can you perhaps send me a small test project and some precise steps for me to follow. Please include what OS and build version/number you are using.

Also, is there a reason you NEED to use the Transform effect instead of using the shape's own Transform controls?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have had the same bug for years.

It usually happens to me when there are a number of effects already applied on the clip (and nesting doesn't solve the problem). 

To answer your last question: the Transform effect adds motion blur when unchecking "Use Comp's Shutter Angle" and increasing Shutter value. It is usually my go-to when I want to add motion blur to a shape/text, but with this bug, I end up having to use AE instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate