Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Translation of transcribed subtitles / Traduction de sous-titres transcris

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would like to know the best way to translate the transcript of a video commentary into another language. For example, I have transcribed a German commentary and would like to translate it and post it in French. Thank you for your help!

Bonjour,

J’aimerais connaitre la meilleure façon de procéder pour traduire dans une autre langue la transcription des commentaires d’une vidéo. Par exemple, j’ai effectué la transcription d’un commentaire allemand et j’aimerais le traduire et l’afficher en français. Merci !

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

frédéricm,

Are you wanted to use the text as captions? Or just to have the text? With or without timecodes, etc.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Stan,

thank you for your message.

I would like to display the translation of the interview in real time
while the speakers are speaking.

Exactly like Premiere creates a line of subtitles but in another
language. Currently I do it manually using Deepl and inserting the
translated subtitles one after the other.

Is it clear how I explain this?

Thank you !

Fred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fred,

Yes, that is clear.

What you need is SRT file of the translation to import to PR as an additional caption track.

Export SRT from PR of the German captions.

You can put the translated text anyway you want, but the format of the SRT must be unchanged: no changes to the caption numbering (1, 2, 3 etc), or the timecodes, or adding extra empty lines.

Even if I had a translation I would be tempted to open the German SRT in Subtitle Edit (Windows only) which uses the Google translation API. If that does an okay job, I would correct that.

Rename the current caption track in PR "Subtitle German" or similar. Disable that captions track in PR (click the eyball) and you will have the option to "import captions from file."

There may be easier options in the future. Let us know how it goes.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Many thanks Stan, I'll try it all and let you know if any new options
are developed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines