• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type Tool & Essential not working

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using premiere CC 2017 I'm trying to use the type tool to create some text on my video but the type tool does not allow me to "type" anything on my video. I've already read all the forums and watched the tutorials to no avail. Is this a glitch? The Essential graphics panel does not allow me to edit the text if I create a new Graphic from the top bar and if I select the type tool by my timeline does not open any dialog box to type anything.

It is very frustrating.

What am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

I figured out a workaround. I had to remove the 3 layers above my "Stills" for the type tool to work. Not sure why I have to do it that way but for the time being it works until a more graceful and/or proper way is found.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to make a title you have to select the Type Tool and click on the Program monitor.

A red box will appear and just start typing.

When you want to edit the text just select it in the Program Monitor with the Type Tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that's the problem. That doesn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of your UI.

If Premiere acts weird trash preferences by holding down shift+alt while opening Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out a workaround. I had to remove the 3 layers above my "Stills" for the type tool to work. Not sure why I have to do it that way but for the time being it works until a more graceful and/or proper way is found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

YOu dropped the template in the light leaks generator which is cropped to 80%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines