• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Typing text selects hotkeys

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2024 Jun 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to use the type tool and start typing, Premiere will go to the hotkey/shortcut while I try to type.

I've noticed that it has been happening for a while, and it is really getting annoying to have to restart the program every time this bug occurs. 

I couldn't even type in the text box, I had the text tool selected, double clicked to re-write something and it wouldn't allow me to select the text at all. As well as this, if I want to add space and press the space bar while in the text box, it will play the video.

Version of the app: 24.4.1
MacBook Pro, Chip Apple M3

Yes, I uninstalled and installed the app, but at this stage, I don't even remember which version this bug didn't occur. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search around the forum, I've seen discussions on that, known issue. You might check the Beta forum also:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta/ct-p/ct-premiere-pro-beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought this was fixed. And I don't recall if it was one of the bugs that required creating a new project to avoid it.

As a test, create a new project make a simple timeline and try it there.

What do you see?

See this regarding the earlier bug:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/unable-to-select-text-or-add-new-text-with-type-too...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! It's a recurring bug for me every time I start a new project, it will for the first couple of text edits and then will start selecting the hotkeys.

And I'm not using the Beta app. I'll try to clean the cache like some of the replies on that post suggested, but I just installed the app on my new MacBook, so my hopes are not high haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 5.09.29 PM.pngAh, OK! Please double-check the version number, if you don't mind. 🙂

Grab a screenshot of the "about" screen from the Premiere Pro menu.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RuthShimi_0-1718065144954.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ruth,

Thanks for being responsive.

I just tested this bug in 24.4.1, and it appears to be working correctly.

Here's how to test: Create a new project, add a timeline, and type some random text with the Type Tool.

Edit it to demonstrate that it is working.

Select that text block in the timeline. In the effect controls panel, under "Text," click on the oval or rectangle to create a mask. You do not need to resize or change the mask in any way.

Again, edit the text to demonstrate that it is working.

Now, in the Effect Controls, click on Mask(1) (it's the only one you created), and hit Delete. Now try to edit the text. The bug is demonstrated if you can't.

Assuming the bug isn't present, we need to figure out what is happening for you. I would consider doing a screen recording until the problem appears.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ruth Shimi,

Thanks for the bug report. This looks more like a troubleshooting issue. I'll move this into the Discussions forum for triage. I hope we can help you with a fix ASAP.

Take Care,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2024 Oct 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We found that it might be the Reference Monitor causing this. Closing the panel should make the issue go away. Since this panel is going away with the next release, it will take this bug with it.

In case you are curious, here the Beta Post about the Reference Monitor deprecation: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/now-in-beta-deprecation-of-the-in-app-r...

We would like hear if you are others, who have reported this problem, are still seeing this in 24.6.1 or higher (with a closed Reference Monitor). If yes, please post a recent screen recording and provide as much info as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines