• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uneven cross-dissolve

Engaged ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a long clip of inflating a hot-air balloon during which I zoomed out and panned up the balloon to show it inflating.   I decided to shorten the clip by cutting it before the zoom and putting the two pieces - let's call them A and B -  together with a 15 frame cross-dissolve.    When I played it back I noticed that it looked like it "stopped" during the dissolve, and close inspection showed that it did -  at least in the 'B' clip.

In the attached images I show 3 frames of the dissolve.   The flame in the A clip (the top flame) changes in each frame.  But Premiere Pro uses the SAME frame for all three images in the 'B' clip, as you can see from the bottom flame.   This makes it appear stuck when you play it.  What causes this and how do I fix it?  

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try rendering the clip at least the cross dissolve section.

If you drop a 15 frame transition in the center, both clips need to be trimmed back at least 8 frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand either part of your response.

First part:      I did render it; that's when I noticed the problem.

Second part:  trimmed back with respect to what?   Both ends of both clips have already been cut so this should not be an "insuffient media" situation. How would additional trimming help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Second part:  trimmed back with respect to what?   What does that have to do with repeated frames?

By @peternelson

Lack of trimmig has everything to do with repeated frames. If you don´t have enough handles you will get repeated frames.

More here: Adobe Premiere: Handles and Transitions (mediacollege.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First part:      I did render it; that's when I noticed the problem.

By @peternelson

Did the red line above the timeline turn from red to green after you rendered it?  If not, it didn't render.

Second part:   Both ends of both clips have already been cut 

By @peternelson

How many frames have been cut from each clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was one clip about 5 minutes long.  It was split in two; each half then had about 20 or 30 seconds removed from where it was cut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Variable Framerate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Insufficient media will only show on two independent clips which have not been trimmed back properly.

When you cut into one complete file and add a transition with no proper trimback it will give repeated (still) frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@peternelson wrote:

Second part:   Both ends of both clips have already been cut 

Did the red line above the timeline turn from red to green after you rendered it?  If not, it didn't render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try unchecking Composite in linear color in the sequence settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines