• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unix Exec Files

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our project folders are automatically populated by numerous Unix Exec files whenever someone works on that project. How do we stop these files from auto-generating?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi surfraw,

Sorry to hear about this.

Please share the screenshot of the error message that you are getting.

Also, answer the following questions so that we can help you better

1) Operating System

2) Version of the Adobe application that you are using.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note that there isn't any error messages. Just these randomly generated files that the user need to manually delete from the project folder each time

ticket.jpg

1) Operating System: macOS Sierra 10.12.6

2) Version of the Adobe application that you are using. Adobe Premiere Pro 12.12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surfraw,

Are you in some kind of shared environment? Still having this problem? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm having this exact problem as well. Was this issue ever resolved? any advice?

Thanks,

Milo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

This problem is also happening to me. Here's a few details so that maybe you can help us more: I am not in a shared environment, but an at-home solo freelance environment. have all of the scratch disks set to a, "cache," folder where I can delete them when needed, but these files still populate wherever the project file is located. This has actually been happening to me since about late 2017, through multiple updates of Premiere, up until now April of 2020. In lieu of a solution, I have just been making a project file folder dedicated to just the project file itself, inorder to accumulate all of these seemingly cache files that generate with the file. But this appears to be a glitch of some kind, as the file names of these phantom cache files look similar to the file naming convention of the other cache. To also test the amount of time it takes to generate, I created a fresh project, set all the scratch disks to the "cache" folder I created, and simply clicked around the project for about 15 seconds. When I hid the application and looked at finder, it showed one of these phantom files:

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 2.19.57 PM.png

When looking at the, "Get Info," pane, it says the file type is a, "Unix Executable," file:

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 2.25.10 PM.png

Please anyone let me know if there is a solution I'm not thinking of. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, not in a shared environment. Is there a solution to this? Using the latest version of Adobe Premiere 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue every time my Premiere project is saved.
macOS 11.6
Adobe Premiere v. 22.2.0 (Build 128)

Does anyone have a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

One user of mine has this issue as well.

Any feedback on this please?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines