• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unkown issue when importing mp4 files

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this morning, I have an issue with importing mp4 files into Premiere Pro CC I've never had before.

The programme crashed yesterday, but went back to work normally afterwards. When I left yesterday evening, everything seemed fine.

This morning, Premiere wouldn't load properly, and the already imported mp4 files all got a pink-ish green distortion layer over them (see attached screenshot – on the right side is how it should look).

Both the video and the project are at 25 fps, I also tried importing a 30 fps version of the mp4. The video is made by exporting a PowerPoint file into mp4 format, and it's 1920x1080 (just like the project).

The sound files I added are .wav-files.

As soon as I add the mp4 file to my timeline, the timeline freezes as well and can't be used.

I use the newest version of Premiere Pro CC, and my graphic card drivers are all up-to-date.

My system specs:

Windows 10 Home, 10.0.17134

Intel Core i7

SMBIOS 3.0

16 GB RAM

500GB SSD + 1TB HDD

Any ideas what the problem could be?Unbenannt.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update your graphics driver from the video card's manufacturer, not Windows update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update your graphics driver from the video card's manufacturer, not Windows update.

Thanks, I tried that and both my Nvidia GTX 1060 and Intel 630 had updates available Windows update didn't find.

Also, setting the project preferences to "Software only" as described in the link provided by John helped:

Premiere Pro

File > Project Settings > General > Video Rendering and Playback > (choose from dropdown) Mercury Playback Engine Software Only

However, now my Timeline Panel is stuck – no matter what I do, the cursor won't move until I delete the mp4 file from my Project Panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines