• Global community
    • Language:
      • Deutsch
      • English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Very slow to Open Premiere Pro file.

Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project file that does not seem large (1.2 MB) by premiere standards that takes an exceeedinly long time to open, over 10 min. Other project files open normally (in a few moments) - this one gets to about 75% on the Load Progress Bar, then hangs for over 10 min.

 

I think it may have to do with an faily robust audio plug-in (izotope RX 10 Elements, and it's working fine) the problem seemed to develop when I moveed the project to a laptop without the plugin, and then had to enable the plugin on the laptop.

 

Once open, the project behaves normally.
I have tried doing a Save As with a new name, the new project file behaves the same.

It also seems to creatre a signifigant hang in Premiere when closing the project file.


– Mac Pro 5,1, Mac OS 10.14.16, 64 GB, Radeon RX 580 8 GB
– Premere Pro 15.4.5

 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import , Performance

Views

88

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Tried it and the new file behaved similarly. However, I did try splitting the project's sequences into two project files, and it did not solve the problem, but it was better. The split files loaded in about 3-4 min... albeit with some beachball spin action on Adobe's part once loaded.

But of course, with all the back and forth, Creative Cloud Apps start doing that Adobe THING where they start eating all your RAM and Processor Cycles and generally start fighting among themselves, and you have to q

...

Likes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the project file and media on an external drive?

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file resided on local internal drives on both the laptop and the workstation. In the case of the laptop, an 1 TB SSD drive w 660 GB free – on the workstation, a 2 TB mirrored RAID Drive with 1TB free. In both casses the support files and original footage are local in the same folder structures.

Behavior is identical in both locations.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tried it and the new file behaved similarly. However, I did try splitting the project's sequences into two project files, and it did not solve the problem, but it was better. The split files loaded in about 3-4 min... albeit with some beachball spin action on Adobe's part once loaded.

But of course, with all the back and forth, Creative Cloud Apps start doing that Adobe THING where they start eating all your RAM and Processor Cycles and generally start fighting among themselves, and you have to quit all running Adobe Apps (not ideal in a desgn studio) and reboot your workstation.... But that's a separte rant (and something Adobe never really seems to have fixed).

But at least more workable.... maye not a solution, but better.

In my voluimous free time, I might export the audio from the repaired vocal track, then import it back and swap it in for the one with the Audio FX and Plug-ins enabled... and see if that's the root of the issue.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines