• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video not displaying in full during playback in Program window

Participant ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on my first project and I noticed that after I've dragged my clip in to the timeline and click play to preview it, it's cut off the video and not showing the full width or full height. I've tried playing with some settings, and I've tried searching for some tutorials about this, but haven't found anything.

My raw clip displays just fine when I view it in Windows Media Player.

Should I see the full size video in the preview window during playback, or will it export correctly?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do your sequence settings match your source file properties?

Is your Program monitor display zoom level set to "Fit"?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which settings specifically? The video displays correctly in the source panel. Both are set to Fit and playback resolution at 1/2. Can you please tell me what other settings to check?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do your sequence settings match the properties of your source footage?

Click anywhere in the timeline, then go to the menu Sequence > Settings to see your settings for the timeline.

Are they what you expect them to be?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thersher,

Usually, this may happen if the frame size of the media files used is different from the frame size of the sequence.

Please right click on the media in the Project panel and select Properties. Look for Image size.

Then, highlight your timeline with the sequence loaded and click Sequence > Sequence Settings. Look for Frame size.

Let us know if these two are different or are the same.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were great instructions. I came here with the same issue and your suggestion allowed me to fix it in 45sec. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So VERY helpful, thanks for the clear easy instructions. I've been searching for a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But what happens if you have two different lenses/aspect ratios in the same sequence? The sequence was opened and formatted to my first lens, but once I changed, it's no longer cooperating. Or am I wildly missing something here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Filmed on iphone 15 pro, in HD 4k and when I imported the files, didn't realize the media file is different from the frame size of the sequence. Footage was cropped in and couldn't figure out why even though I had the setting at "fit" and checked sequence setting under Widescreen 16:9. After I checked the media properties, I realized it was filmed at 3840x2160 so I changed the frame size to these dimensions under "Sequence settings > frame size" and typed in 3840x2160 and it worked. Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I also had an image in the timeline, and the video was picking up the dimensions of that image, I discovered. I deleted them both, then added the video back into the timeline first, then the image, and everything worked fine. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines