• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Previews not helping in render

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Premiere Pro Version 23.1.0 Build 86. When I do a final render, if I check use previews, this seems to have no effect. 

For example - I rendered a timeline with no pre-renders and it took approx 42 minutes.

Then, I pre-rendered the timeline with previews at Pro-Res 422 HQ and rendered again. Also 42 minutes. Both renders were to H.264.

Then I tried rendering the pre-rendered timeline to the same settings as the previews, Match source, Pro-Res 422 HQ, and it took 38 minutes (The timeline was 13 minutes long).

It would seem the use previews has no effect, or am I doing something wrong?

TOPICS
Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ryan.

Pretty sure that button is on by default!

By the way,  the 30 seconds export was for a 3 minute 4K Prores sequence.

My machine specs are:

27" Imac 2020

3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7

AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB

64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did anyone find a straightforward solution to this? 

I'm using Premiere Pro 2023 and working with MP4 H.264 4:2:0  4k footage.
My timeline is fully prerendered, 4 minutes on the timeline took around 8 minutes to prerender. 

Now when I try to export the video with "Match Source" and "use previews" and nothing else, it says estimated time is 8 minutes then it starts to climb up until it says 30 minutes estimated time.

I'm no expert whatsoever but it seems such a needless and trivial issue, since my previewed playback is running smoothly in 4k, I just need to get it on my computer and yet it wants to export nothing for 30 minutes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines