• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Way to have smoother editing when using Mogrts?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've started to use some of the free mogrts available for basic items like nameplates and titles, but I find when I am trying to do basic editing in the timeline sequence, once the mogrts are in place, the video constantly freezes or skips, even I preview it at 1/4 quality.

Is there a better way to work with mogrts that would still allow me to edit the video without constant stoppages?

(PS pretty novice at Premiere, so apologies if this is a stupid question).

Thanks all!

Nicole

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think most Premiere Pro users are editing with H.264 media.  Cineform proxies are the way to go in that case.

Work offline using proxy media |

You can also render the segments giving you trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nicolew42749620,

The Motion Graphics layer and the other layers and clips using effects and transitions may be quite CPU intensive which may cause the frames to be dropped at the time of playback. You may try these steps to optimize the playback on your system.

• Check if the Renderer is set as Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration(FAQ: How to change the Video Renderer in Premiere Pro? ).
  • Check the color of the render bar(Red, yellow, and green render bars and what they mean | Adobe Blog ). Usually, if you have a red colored render bar, it's an indication that the system is not able to process the frames in real-time.
  • You may reduce the playback resolution by doing a right click on the Program monitor > Playback Resolution and setting a lower value like 1/2 or 1/4. This may result in better playback as it will reduce the processing load on the system. This step usually helps if your media resolution is high and it's getting difficult for the system to process it.
  • In case if you have completed the edit/customization of the mogrt, then you may set In and Out points around the mogrt clip and then select Sequence > Render In to Out. This will render that small section and will result in better playback. Please note that if you make any changes to that mogrt , then you will need to render that section again (Adobe Premiere Pro Help | Rendering and previewing sequences ).
  • If you are still not getting an acceptable playback then you may try using the Proxy workflow (Work offline using proxy media | ) as recommended by Jim.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sumeet,

I have tried it but I got the following message

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 13.28.58.png

I have experienced some issues with MOGRTs + Responsive Design in Premiere Pro: playback failure, render incomplete and INTRO/OUTRO losses. I explained it better here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/mogrt-responsive-design-in-premiere-pro-issues-playback-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Render & Replace is more often preferred over Render In-Out based on the assumption your system is able to play the video tracks in realtime but is not performant when a MoGRT is in play. R&R renders only the MoGRT. And this oftentimes, allows for smooth, performant playback. The upside to R&R is that you only render the MoGRT and any change in footage within the timespan of the MoGRT will not affect the MoGRT; since it is rendered and hence performs as any other single-layer clip. If you have to amendment the MoGRT, use Restore Unrendered and proceed to making changes to the MoGRT.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines