• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebM w/ Alpha (Transparent) background Not working in Premiere/After Effects

New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed that my Transparent WebMs are no longer being viewed with an Alpha Layer in Premiere and After Effects. These files definitely have an Alpha layer in them and when I upload them to the web they display accordingly. When I import them into a project in Premiere or AE, they have a black background.  I downgraded several versions in Premiere and they are still showing up without Transparent Backgrounds, but I am fairly certain this worked in the not too distant past.  

When I right click on these WEBM files in the project pane and go to Properties, it shows they do not have an alpha channel, but they 100% do.  

Why does Premiere (and AE) not recognize the Alpha Channel in these WebMs and how can I fix it so that I can work with WebM files (which are 10x smaller in file size) instead of massive MOV files?

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

premiere needs external webm plugin for support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still looking for a solution.  I have heard that the plugin stopped recognizing the alpha on import since the last few versions of Premiere.  Please if anyone found a solution, I would be extremely interested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not test the plugin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I heard that [the reason it's not working is because] the plugin stopped recognizing the alpha on import...

iow i was not suggesting I was irresponsibly taking the word off the street, but rather explaining that I had heard the reason for it not working was that it stopped working.

suppose I should try again considering it's been 11 months and I'd moved on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines