• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

weird premiere/windows problem

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have this sometimes, i download a video file, i try to move it to my project folder (windows explorer).

and windows says its not possible because the file is opened in premiere pro

but it was never moved to premiere pro

where can i switch off, that premiere adds files automatically from windows?

Unbenannt-1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere does not automaticly add files to its project.

You need to close Premiere in order to move the file.

Even if the file was added to the project window and later on deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can delete temporary files (%temp%), the reboot. Files can probably then be deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's weird.

I don't know what you mean by 'downloaded' exactly.

normally someone shoots stuff, and then puts ext hard drive, ext SSD, SD card, CF card, thumb drive, etc. ) 'into' computer. Then in windows ( when it sees the new drive ) move stuff from ext (if you dig doing that instead of using ext stuff live ) to internal drive(s as your 'source' for shot materials.

I think that's xfer from one media to another, not a download. But nowadays I guess you can download stuff too and put into internal drives ??

A friend is sending me some 4k S Log stuff on a 64g thumb drive I sent him (usb 2 ) and it took 3 hours to put it on the drive that he is mailing me. So I don't see downloading material as a real fast way to do stuff ????

===

when windows tells me a file is in use by another program ( open ) and doesn't let me move it or delete it, it never tells me what program is using the file. It's too stupid to tell me that.  Maybe I need to upgrade windows but I doubt it, since they shove it down your throat as a 'service' these days.

If you get your workflow figured out and do things step by step it should become faster and easier and not problematic. Good luck !

: )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no i downloaded just a video from internet, then tried to move it from download folder to project folder

but windows says its allready opened in premiere (even if it was never moved to premiere)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

maybe you accidentally saved the new video file from internet with the same name as a file you had earlier.

Sometimes you can make sure filenames are discreet by adding a date in front of the name.

eg.

video from internet

12-25-18-video from internet

etc.

good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines