• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What are you using instead of Encore?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2019 Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just noticed that Encore/CS6 is no longer available for download. This really sucks because I have used it for many years and have some custom templates for quick turn-arounds.

The old help page: How to download and install Adobe Encore CS6

What are you using to create your menus and ISO's?

[moved to Encore forum, mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand but I made the query from a private Gmail address and got that
info...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand but I made the query from a private Gmail address and got thatinfo...
By @Michael Grenadier

It´s not the mail adress per see, it´s whehter you ask and intend to buy as a employee/owner of a company or if you ask as an individual that author disc on a hobby/semipro basis. 

Most of those companies that don´t have prices on their homepage refuse to sell to individuals and sell only to companies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so it's the honor system?    Thanks as always, Averdahl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an update that after firing up my old Mac Pro I'm happy to report that my Encore does still work.

Mac OS 10.6.8

Adobe Encore CS5.5

So break out those old macs if ya got em and save yourself the headache of searching around.

Up to this point I've looked into or tried the demos for the following and none of them offered what Encore does.  Or I couldn't figure out more about just how much they could do with authoring:

Cyberlink PowerProducer

Corel VideoStudio

DVD Fab

Leawo

TPMGENC Authoring

DVD Styler

Open DVD Producer

DVD Lab

And some Roxio product

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know anything about: Pinnacle Studio 26 Ultimate (https://www.pinnaclesys.com/en/products/studio/ultimate/) Price is $100.

My clients want Blu Rays with chapters & menus for in house presentations and archice storage.They want to have menus that are custom. They are requesting stuff I used to do using Adobe Encore and I want to make the right choice for these projects. I have looks at Scenarist but have not contacted them, looks like an annual licensing and I have no idea yet on their fees. Thanks All!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stay as far away as possible from Scenarist.  Ridiculously expensive, documentation is nearly non-existant and where it exists, it's incomplete or just plain wrong and the interface is totally unintuitive.  And the support is terrible.  They're hoping you'll pay extra for training...   We were paying for DVD authoring by the month...

Here's a very basic example:  I'd been building menus using layered photoshop files as layed out in their "documentation."

Worked fine for about half the photoshop files and then started crashing the program when importing them about 75% of the time.  They asked for a file that caused the crashing...  I sent it to them.  They said they could see the problem happening but didn't know why and would get back to me when they figured out what was causing the issue.  That was maybe last January.  They did ask why I was using the workflow that I used instead of an alternate that they said did not cause the problem.  I explained and pointed them to their documentation...  Still no word.  Disgusting way to run a business...  We finally hired someone who was something of an expert with Scenarist...  After a couple of months, he finally threw up his hands trying to make the clients wishes come true...  Granted the client was a little out of control, but wasn't asking for anything beyond what Scenarist should have been able deliver...  He said, let's just move the project to DVDSP.  He still had access to it, and so did I...

As I probably said earlier in this thread.  I did a fair amount of research and as far as I can tell Scenarist is the only professional solution for DVD and Blu-Ray authoring still being supported.   There are some solutions out there that do allow you to build custom menus, but they didn't seem "professional."  Also, fwiw, Encore did not author "legit" Blu-Ray disks.  Probably just an issue with licensing, but I don't think you're allowed to use the official Blu-Ray logo on the disks...   And unfortunately DVDSP doesn't do Blu-Rays.   

Sorry for the venting, but I still feel the pain...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael, THANK YOU for saving me the headaches. I had heard about SCENARIST back in the days when we were using Encore nearly daily and have always wanted a solution that was as good or better than Encore was.  Nice motion menus, slick interfaces all created from a .PSD. I have to make a decision soon on whicxh SW can do this.  Even better if it will handle Premiere Pro (Cloud) and 4K UHD as well.  Any suggestions are really welcomed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd really consider purchasing Encore 6.  My understanding is that that was the latest and best version.  You might be able to find a copy on ebay...  as far as I know you can still authorize it if you own the license.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines