• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

what part of "don't remove older versions" don't you understand?

Advocate ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came to use ppro 2019 (version 13, I believe) today and its gone.
I've been stuck on this version for years because of show-stopping bugs.

getho_0-1635914494495.png
Even if the bugs are fixed in the new version, it will have updated from my presets in the version above, because I still had that installed. Meaning all my presets from the last 18 months+ have gone forever.

On top of that v13 is not available from the creative cloud app.

Does anyone know where and how I can get it?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your presets should still exist. Even if you uninstall versions of Premiere, I believe preferences/presets are kept in Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro (or Media Encoder)/XX.0, unless you selected some option to remove those files.

From there you can typically move those files around into newer versions, which usually works. Ideally, you'd import the files within the app itself, but not all settings and presets support this. It's limited to stuff like export presets, effects presets, etc.

As far as downloading the apps, at any given time, you can only download builds from the current year version, or builds from the previous version. So currently only 2022 (22.x) and 2021 (15.x) are available to install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

woot! 
thanks! It must've been photoshop where this happened to me before and PS overwrote my old presets when it upgraded.
Unbelievably one of my showstopping bugs is fixed in this release.  😲 I've been reporting it and generally moaning about it for years. The consensus was that I should just move on with my life, which is what I've resolved to do 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines