• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What Software is Better than Adobe Encore CS6 ?

Participant ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Adobe has abandoned Encore, what Blu-ray/DVD authoring software is out there that is better than Adobe Encore CS6?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

There will be no more Encore CS 6 upgrades or updates.  TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6 has a free trial version.  You can create DVD and Blu-ray discs.  This program has recently been updated(September 27, 2017).  I think it is possible they will upgrade the program to include authoring Ultra HD Blu-ray discs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The TMPGEnc website has detailed information about Authoring Works 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They refer to custom menus, but the functionality appears to be limited. For example, this page:

TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6 Help

discusses turning images into buttons, and refers to being able to use multiple images from layers in a psd.

I find nothing indicates you can bring a psd menu in.

For some users, not a big deal; for me it would be. One of the reasons I left MyDVD (was that the name?) MANY years ago was limited menu functionality.

It does appear, however, you can bring in a motion video/audio:

TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6 Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I emailed TMPGEnc technical support.  They responded that you can use PSD Menus.  They have a trial version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed the trial. V 6.0.9.11

I see no option for using a .psd as a menu. I'm not saying there is not, but... I'll try to play some more.

I can import a psd as a background (appears to collapse all layers).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I love about Encore is Photoshop being integrated.

You can go back and forth change all kinds of stuff in you menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tested TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6 and it has very limited options when it comes to custom design your own menues. Many people including me think this is the very weakest feature in TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6. Overall it is very nice to work with, but the limitations when it comes to the creative process when it comes to menues is putting me and others off.

I really hope Adobe bring some kind of disc authoring solution back. Today there are kind of two alternatives when it comes to third party apps: Customer applications with template based, limited feature set or high grade professional applications with a price tag many people just cant pay or justify. Some of those pro grade apps don´t even have price information on their web page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vegas DVD Architect DVD and Blu-ray Disc Authoring has a free trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i have tried it for about six months ago but it had no support for Pop-up menues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Vegas (Sony sold it all off to Magix and dropped everything else) seems to have serious issues according to their website.

For Blu-ray - no pop up menus, ac3 audio in 5.1 only (which is also apparently broken) and not Dolby licensed either. It looks much more like the kind of tool you would use to knock up a disc of your holiday videos than anything remotely professional to me.

With Encore gone & DoStudio also gone, that seems to be it for commercial grade authoring tools without a second mortgage. I still wonder if Scenarist LLC would talk about re-licensing the Encore AuthorCore though. I bet they would talk at least.....for them it would simply be an income so nothing to lose at all only gain on both sides

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are supposed to let other people mark your posts as helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Michael+J+Titera  wrote

Thanks for the information, Neil!

Do you know if Scenarist BD can author DVD, as well as Blu-ray discs?

https://www.scenarist.com/index.php/scenarist-bd-professional-blu-ray-disc-authoring/

I really wish Adobe would continue to develop Encore and also include Ultra HD Blu-ray authoring.

Cheers,

Michael

Sadly no - Scenarist BD is just that, Blu-ray only, in both Interactive Graphics and BD-J modes of authoring.

For DVD, you need Scenarist SD or else DVD-Lab Pro 2 if Scenarist is too dear (DLP works really, really well & also has full scripting support as well as customizable VM commands giving you a flexibility that Encore just does not have sadly)

UHD is yet another, very expensive, animal altogether. One of the annoying things with Scenarist is the lack of upgrade paths - no upgrade route from SD to BD and none from BD to UHD either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info, Neil!

So for both Blu-ray and DVD authoring, it looks like the best alternative to Adobe Encore CS6 is:

TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6 - The Ultimate DVD / Blu-ray / AVCHD Authoring Tool - Pegasys Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a a note to anyone reading this thread, I received a notice last week from Adobe stating that Premiere Pro CS6 (and therefore Encore CS6) was discontinued from the CC subscription and that I must uninstall them. NO MORE ENCORE for CC subscribers!!! Pardon me while a weep quietly.

Adobe: Please provide us with a new disc authoring app! The Premiere / Photoshop integration that Encore provided was a huge benefit in my workflow. I have removed Encore from my system... but now cannot create the discs I need to for my clients!

---- extract from Adobe's email ---------------------------------------------------

subject: Changes to Creative Cloud Download Availability and Usage
date: 5/17/2019

We have recently discontinued certain older versions of Creative Cloud applications and as a result, under the terms of our agreement, you are no longer licensed to use them. These applications include Creative Suite 6, which Creative Cloud customers have been able to download as part of their subscription. Our records show that you may be using the following version(s) of these Creative Suite 6 applications:
PREMIERE PRO:6.0
Please upgrade to the latest Creative Cloud version(s) of these applications using the instructions below. By upgrading, you will continue to receive all the value that Creative Cloud has to offer.
Please also be aware that should you continue to use the discontinued version(s), you may be at risk of potential claims of infringement by third parties. As mentioned above, if you own CS6 as a perpetual offering i.e. you own serial numbers for these products, you are not affected by this and can

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DVD STYLER

Hechanos de menos adobe encoré. Esperamos que lo retomen en un futuro. Ya que no solamente servía para discos sino también para Web.

Muy bien programa, potente y rápido para trabajar. Bastante intuitivo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does DVDStyler do Blu-ray?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Blu-ray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bummer. If it doesn't do Blu-ray, then I guess I will have to stick with Adobe Encore CS6. I just wish there was a better product out there. Actually, I wish Adobe would update Encore and make the interface more modern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cyberlink has a free trial version of Power2Go 12.  I created an H.264 video file in Premiere 2018.  Power2Go 12 did not transcode the video.  The Blu-ray disk played without any problem.  Adobe will never update Encore or create a new version to create MPEG2 or Blu-ray discs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried DVD Architect.

Unfortunately I get an error message when building disk with Premiere files.

It only likes mpeg2 files not H.264.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines