• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are 4-channel audio mapped to 4 Mono spontaneously changing to 4-channel mapped to Adaptive?

Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aloha Adobe Friends,

I am sad to find that this is a unique problem here. I am hoping one or more of you very smart people can help.

I have interview clips that were most definitely recorded as 4 channel mapped to 4 mono. I import the clips into my project and the metadata displayed says "4-channel mapped to 4 mono." Then they spontaneously change to 4 chanel mapped to adaptive. I have imported multiple times and it happens again and again. If I edit them into a sequence when the clip still says "mono," it behaves mono and allows me to edit that audio on a standard track. If I edit them into a sequence when they say "adaptive" then I cannot edit that audio onto a standard track. It requires that I create an adaptive track in my sequence. In an interview where there are four clips which were all recorded in one sitting with identical setup, two are adaptive and two are mono. What in the world is happening? This of course will make mess of my timeline having to create adaptive tracks when all I need is mono audio from an interview. If anyone has any ideas, I sure would appreciate it. Running Adobe PPRO 15.4.1 (Build 6), the latest, on Mac OS Catalina (because I'm one of those people), on a late 2020 iMac.

Many thanks in advance and Aloha, Shirley T.

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why that is happening. But you can right click on the video clip in your Project Panel and choose "Modify > Audio Channels" and then change the clip back to 4 Channel Mapped to 4 Mono.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there and thanks for this response! I wish I had gotten your reply
sooner...gmail sent it to spam.

Indeed you are correct, and I stumbled across this fix on a PPRO youtube
video just this week, tried it, and it seems to work. Once I modified the
Audio Channel clip preset to "Mono" rather than "Use file" the audio
channel mapping stopped changing to "adaptive" on its own. So far so good,
the "mono" setting seems to have stuck.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Aloha,
Shirley

--
Shirley Thompson (she/her/ella)
cell: 808-457-7924
web: https://shirleythompson.net
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/shirleythompsoneditorial

"Anytime you tell the true story of a woman, it's a radical act." - Julia
Reichert, filmmaker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm glad you figured it out! Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines