• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are my MOV files so big?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello recently i was trying to export a video with a transparent background but later i realized the file was really big, like REALLY big, 10+GB, i tried changing the settings, but the file is still really big. though when i export it in MP4 the file is fine.

Here are the settings i used when i exported the file in .MOV (the exported video ended up being 4 GB):

Settings MOV.png

and here are the settings i used when exporting .MP4 (here the video ended up just being 230 MB):

settings MP4.png

What can i change so that i can have a smaller file? Also, I dont know if this matters but I'm trying to export an animation, so yeah, if anyone can please give me better settings, please let me know.

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

You can only export transparency with Cineform or Quicktime/animation or Prores.

And yes the files are huge as they are (visual) lossless files.

So It's either small file such as mp4 without transparency or big file with transparency....

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can only export transparency with Cineform or Quicktime/animation or Prores.

And yes the files are huge as they are (visual) lossless files.

So It's either small file such as mp4 without transparency or big file with transparency....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines