• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I match back to the MultiCam clip in the from Program monitor to Source monitor?

Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! 

Original Avid editor, current Premiere editor here.  Is it possible to match back to my multicam clip from the Program monitor and have it open in the Source monitor, so I can do easy insert or overwrite edits?  Currently, when I match back it's taking me to the original stacked video that the multicam clip was created from, and no audio attached.  Quite frustrating, and feels like extra steps.  Any work arounds?

Thanks!

Jenn

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

My issue was that I didn't have the playhead on the content. Match Frame isn't to the clip, it's to the timeline, so make sure you have the playhead at the start of the clip. This fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what happens if you hit the match frame key again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

goes to original interview, which defeats the purpose of multicam editing.  Fine for adding broll though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can ctrl-shift-F to get from the program timeline to the source sequence timeline. You can select different tracks in the source sequence and press "F" to go to that frame, that clip. It's a little clunky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not working for me, but could be because I customized my keyboard.  I tried contro+shift+the key I mapped for match frame as well and neither did anything.  hmph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save your shortcuts and switch back to the Adobe Defaults. And/or check for this shortcut:

MyerPj_1-1602545392424.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I discovered the problem, by accident!  I was in MultiCam edit mode earlier, when I was trying to match back, and for some reason it was going to the stack.  My cat quit Premiere for me, lol, and now I'm playing the sequence normal, not in Multicam mode and it matched back to the multicam sequence straight away.   Anyway, i'll credit my cat Rufus for this happy accident.  Hope this helps others in the future!  Also, it would be great to fix that gaff so you can match back in either edit mode.  IMG_0247.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it's not a completely perfect solution.  Depends on how the multiclip was arranged or possibly the source file was ingested.  Some interviews will match back to the multiclip from either edit mode, and some won't. Only one has matched back with the audio attached, the rest are just video matches.  Annoying, but i'll make do.  If I get to the bottom of it for real, i'll update again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My issue was that I didn't have the playhead on the content. Match Frame isn't to the clip, it's to the timeline, so make sure you have the playhead at the start of the clip. This fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines