• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captions Style presets at system / user level rather than importing at premiere project level

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently i was looking into Text styles via captions.

We've built a subtitle preset reppository on a .prtextstyle asset. this is then imported at project level for users to use.

It should also have the possibility to amend and update the current preset text styles when amended at user level.
This is to avoid having to work through numerous premiere projects old / live / new to micro fix those style amends manually.

Hoping that it can be set so it looks at shared Cloud libraries for best optimisation. this would avoid going to each workstation to implement the updates if the user level approach is used.

The concept of having this as a project based asset is good. but what if you wanted it to be at premiere system level?

Granted you can create a template project which has this. however the problem becomes a pain to swap out if your making amends / adjustments to those styles.

Having to replace them per premiere project becomes a nightmare. it would be more benifial if the users had the option to use it as bespoke project level or given the option to use it at system level therefore if updates were made it seemlessly is fixed across other premiere projects without the manual labour of swapping out the .pretextstyle presets.

thanks

Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Projects or collaboration , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upvoted.

Also upvote these feature requests/ideas:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-ideas/for-the-essential-graphics-text-style-style-preset...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-ideas/caption-track-style-make-available-across-projects...

They were ported from UserVoice; that is why all the initial dates are 1/24/23.

@jstrawn, any update?

You have a good grasp of the options. Here's my post where I tried to add the information not in the help guide:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/premiere-pro-15-edit-rename-delete-captions-...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wouldnt let me update the current post.

To clarify base level is referring to system / user level and not defined by the premiere project load.

It should also have the possibility to amend and update the current preset text styles when amended at user level.
This is to avoid having to work through numerous premiere projects old / live / new to micro fix those style amends manually.

Hoping that it can be set so it looks at shared Cloud libraries for best optimisation. this would avoid going to each workstation to implement the updates if the user level approach is used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> It wouldn't let me update the current post.

Do you see the 3 dots/More at the end of the post? I think it should be available. Or is it there, but didn't work? In any event, your additional post gets the job done! More commentary from me.

> To clarify base level is referring to system / user level and not defined by the premiere project load.

I think that is clear: the presets should be available in all projects without any additional import, etc.

> It should also have the possibility to amend and update the current preset text styles when amended at user level.

Good point. The current style system adds "<modified>" after the style name when there is a change to an item with a defined style. The arrow icons allow "Push to Track or Style." When the style applies to a caption, a box pops up that allows you to push to “All captions on track” or “Style in Project.” If you pick “All captions on track,” it does NOT update the style itself but applies it to all captions on the track. If you pick “Style in Project,” it updates the style itself. If it is a regular graphics text item (not captions), there is no popup box, it just updates the style and applies it to all items that have that style applied.

If a style exists at a global level, I think it needs a pop-up with choices. What should the choices be? I suggest a choice to a) update the global style, b) create a new style (so it could apply only to the current project until and unless it would be used in another project), and c) do not update the style, but apply the change to all items with the style applied.

> Hoping that it can be set so it looks at shared Cloud libraries for best optimization. this would avoid going to each workstation to implement the updates if the user-level approach is used.

Agree.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has been a limitation of .prtextstye files since we introduced the ability to export and import text styles. As you said, they only exist inside Pr as project items. So you have to import for each project or copy them from one open project to another.

Ideally, they could be added to one of your CC Libraries (including shared libraries) so you could drag and drop from the Libraries panel into the project panel for whatever project you have open. But CC Libraries does not support the .prtextstyle file type yet. That is a very good request for real world users to make. I see that the request has already been made here:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-desktop-ideas/import-premiere-text-styles-in-adobe-cc-...

Please go to that page and +1 the request if possible. Adding a little info about your own user story will help the request carry more weight.

Votes

Translate

Translate