• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In Transcript: Export to text file - must include Timecode info!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Transcript: Export to text file.. To make this useful it needs to take clip name (all takes on timeline) and timecode info across so my (old school) documentary director can make a paper edit from interviews etc. Then provide me with time codes to build the assembly. (often barked down the phone!)

If I was self-directing and doing a project entirely within Premier. fine, I wouldn't need to export anything.
But filmmaking is a collaboration and the director doesn't want to touch the edit program but happy to look at text in Word or similar.

If the exported text file looked the same as what I see in the Transcript window that would be perfect. With Speaker (Custom)name/number, line number (from captions window - v.useful ), AND TIMECODE !!

Thanks,
Mark

My first test and the AI worked amazingly on a boomed IV clip to get nearly all text correct! Exciting times!
Idea No status
TOPICS
Graphics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
17 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!!!! this is the exact problem I have, no Timecode on the export. Would love to see this updated

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Would LOVE to be able to export the transcript with Speaker info and Timecodes

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that this will be a service that they will eventually offer for a price?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that this Premiere plug-in is powered by Trint who are clearly withholding this feature as it is available direct from them,
behind a subscription wall. As we already have to pay for our apps many times over through Adobe subscriptions, it would be nice to have access to this pro feature. Rather than what is essentially in app advertising

Adobe...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please!!!!! As the OP states, this is ESSENTIAL, and most especially for the kind of work we do in documentary production as well as corporate work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I agree. I need a transcript with TC and speakers just like we see in Premiere to export to word so I can send to collaborators.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really a shame that they didn't consult documentary editors when devising this feature. Transcript is useless without timecode. Please we need this ASAP!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TC is essential for transcripts. Please add.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is critical to efficient workflow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would make such a huge difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s also useful in trailer and tv promos. Often times movies/tv shows will be sent off for transcription so it’s easy to find lines for frankenbites. Really surprised at the omission of it

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Time code is essential. It would be even more awesome if it worked liked script sync does in media composer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Useless without timecode and speaker names, for documentary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Mark is absolutely right. Timecodes an Speakername would be very useful. Till now you can not assign the transcribed text to a speaker or a time in the clip and that results in unnecessary extra work, that could be avoided easily.
thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear members,

Unfortunately, not the speakers, but the timecode you can save in an external file. You have to do it some steps:

1. Transcribe like normal.
2. Even, if you do not need a subtitling, create with a copy of your video subtitles and THEN you can safe it as an SRT-file and if you open this SRT-file with Wordpad or another code editor, you can easily save it as TXT included your timecodes.

Try it out! It works. But you are right, Premiere Pro has to learn, it is not a perfect transcription tool. Transcription has also special signs or codes to mark special parts of the speech and they are not inside it. They have to written by hand.

Unfortunately, I did not find a solution to print or save the speakers. Adobe, please, do something!

Have a great day. Stay safe!

Martina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to provide a transcript as part of my deliverables, and I will say that I was really impressed by the transcript tool *inside* of Premiere. If I could export that to a table or text file exactly as it appears inside of Premiere, with speaker and timecode, then my work would be done. As it stands I need to manually add the speakers and timecode. It's almost there! Just a little further!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
With Premiere Pro version 22.0 you are now able to export your transcript with timecode and speaker information.

Votes

Translate

Translate