AAF & Video Reference 2-pop are not in sync

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I exported a video reference and an AAF to my sound editor and they're saying that the 2-pop is not in sync. In my Premiere timeline the 2-pop happens right on 59:58 so I don't know why or how they could be off in Pro Tools. I have heard that format/codec makes a difference with this in the export (I had used h.264) but when I tried exporting with ProRes or DNxHD, Premiere keeps showing an error message. Before I waste more time trying to do this, is using one of these other formats really the fix? Also, I know nothing about Pro Tools, but how is it possible that the 2-pop could magically move from 59:58?

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Export, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AAF & Video Reference 2-pop are not in sync

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I exported a video reference and an AAF to my sound editor and they're saying that the 2-pop is not in sync. In my Premiere timeline the 2-pop happens right on 59:58 so I don't know why or how they could be off in Pro Tools. I have heard that format/codec makes a difference with this in the export (I had used h.264) but when I tried exporting with ProRes or DNxHD, Premiere keeps showing an error message. Before I waste more time trying to do this, is using one of these other formats really the fix? Also, I know nothing about Pro Tools, but how is it possible that the 2-pop could magically move from 59:58?

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Export, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 02, 2020 0

Have something to add?