Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding a transition changes opacity?

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

This is my first post on here, so excuse me if I'm a little off.

I have an issue: My project contains a clip (a linked graphic: "Color-Plate_Mint.ai") with blend mode "Multiply". I can fade that clip in and out using Opacity keyframes. All good and well. But when I add a transition to that clip—in this case it's "Push"—something happens. The opacity seems to automatically set to 0 % in when the transition starts (making the graphic invisible during the transition). Of course there are no keyframes doing this, but that's how it looks in the Program Monitor.

Am I missing something here? Is this how it's supposed to work? Or is it a bug?

I'm using Adobe Premiere Pro 15.0.0 (Build 41).

Many thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try nesting the clip before adding the transition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Richard,

Thank you for your reply. However, nesting the clip doesn't seem to make any difference.

Also, I noticed that if I set the first opacity keyframe to a certain numer (for example 50 %), the opacity changes to that number (50) on the first frame of the transition. So something is definitely off here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off 'composite in linear colour' in the sequence settings, this often causes transparency issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I read about that in another thread. I tried but it makes no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might not be possible but could you Dropbox the project file and the media for that section so we can have a look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I can't share the actual project file with you, but I made a test project that has the same issue: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Tukl3CzI9X1KgRSm08r6ul_ME-FFfHiQ/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had a look at your project. I think I have made it work by nesting the three track together and adding the push effect to this nest.

Push test.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that works. It doesn't fix the issue, but it is a nice workaround.

Thank you so much for your time and trouble!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my experience there have always been problems with transitions over the top of stacked effects, nesting often helps or reproducing the transition manually can fix issues. I'm glad you got it working and welcome to the forum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines