Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can´t create proxy files

Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello everyone,

I am trying to create a proxy files in Premiere pro. There was no problem before. When I say create proxies , only media encoder opens and it waits. Nothings happening. Proxy files are not adding to media encoder. What can i do ??

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try clearing your preferences, if that doesn't work then re-install. Or if you're in a time crunch, just render the proxies by adding them to Media Encoder by hand and then link  them to the clips in Premiere via the Right Click proxy menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried clearing preferences, unfortunately doesn't work. Then i tried directly adding them by hand. Media encoder says MTS file doesn't support ! I have done that thousend times before i dont undersent why now.  

My video footage is AVCHD 1920×1080 50p 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mesuto,

Please make sure that Media Encoder is updated. I forget to do that myself sometimes. That can help. Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro and Media Encoder is updated to latest version 14.4. And all other windows updates and drivers etc. is updated too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there's just one kind of .mts avchd.   What camera was this shot on?  If you want to send me a short .mts file, I'll see if I'm seeing the same behavior.  

mgrenadier@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just send you a short video 

The Camera is Sony hxr-mc2500 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the same process with another computer with same footage. Same results. Somehow  Media Encoder is not supporting AVCHD footage with MTS. anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynkdTa4_VGU  Im trying to do exactly the same thing in this video. But when ı drag the files ıt says MTS files are not supported I also tried this with 14.3.2 version still same.

But version 14.3.1 it works !!!

So this is definitely a bug caused by the program. Please take this as a bug report and hope you fix it with the new update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

User Voice is where the Adobe engineers look for bug reports, enhancement requests, etc. The urgency for bug reports or new features can be judged by how many of us users upvote the requests. You can search for similar requests using the search feature at the lower right. It's best to upvote a request that has some traction (votes) already, and you can upvote and reply to that thread. If you don't find one the matches your request, then enter a new one. Regardless, post a link back here so those seeing this thread can upvote also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how did you solve the problem? I'm in trouble. when creating a proxy, the encoder opens in the premier and nothing happens. help people

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

for me it is solved with new updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines