• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change in opacity always too fast

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Premiere CC 2017.  Perhaps I'm still living in the editing paradigm of earlier versions, but no matter what I try I can't get the opacity to change from 0.0 to 100% gradually.  I have two overlapping clips.  I want to fade the upper one in gradually.  I place a keyframe at the beginning of the clip and set its opacity to 0.0, then create a 2nd keyframe and set it to 100%.  No matter where I move the 2nd keyframe, the clip always jumps in and then begins to fade up.  I've tried messing with the bezier curve options but it has no effect.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Another question:  you used to be able to add keyframes to control opacity using the pen tool right on the timeline.  Is this no longer possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Try unchecking "Composite in Linear Color" in Sequence Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using transitions, instead of keyframing Opacity?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using cross dissolve and it seems to work better... but here's another oddball:  The first cross dissolve I added worked fine.  I tried adding a 2nd one later in the track and it didn't work at all.  No matter where I moved the cross dissolve or how long I made it, the 2nd clip just jumped in at full visibility.  any idea why this would happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My best guess without being there to see it is lack of handles.

Adobe Premiere: Handles and Transitions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jfhallst,

Have you resolved the issue? Please check if there are enough number of frames as suggested by Jim Simon.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another question:  you used to be able to add keyframes to control opacity using the pen tool right on the timeline.  Is this no longer possible?

Still available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does one do it?  I've tried selecting the pen tool and clicking (and option-clicking) on the track in the timeline but can't get anything to display.  Is there a setting I need to change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try expanding the track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Video Keyframes turned on?  Are they set for Opacity?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try unchecking "Composite in Linear Color" in Sequence Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob Peru's suggestion of unchecking composite in linear color worked great!!!  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Such a huge help, thank you! This has bugged me forever!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unchecking doesn't work for me! I'm trying to slowly fade in a logo with opacity from 0 to 100%, but my logo jumps in when it's at 41%. Does someone know the fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem! Unchecking didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines