Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create an Animated Timer

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using this tutorial for a video that I am editing:  Animated Counter 

I am a beginner at this. Ideally, I am trying to place this timer in the upper left corner. I am going to be creating workout videos and would like to have a a countdown timer. I am trying to create the circular timer.  I can get the timer to work if everything is centered.  If I move the circles to the left corner they stop work.  

1.  I create a background to put my ellipse on.  

2.  Using the Ellipse Tool I make the ellispse on the backgroud, holding shift to make it a cirlce.

3.  I duplicate the circle and scale to 90%

4. I make the graphic the same length as my video

5.  I find the Radial Wipe in the Effects command and then place it on the text block

6.  I set a keyframe at the beginning by selecting the clock on the raidal wipe (at 0)-Tran. Then move it to 100% and place it at the end.  Now if I am centered within my backgroud it does work. It is when I try to move it to the upper corner (left it does not work properly)

Usually the cirlce does not begin to "countdown" on the transitional completion until the 70s.  I reached out to the creator and tried to add a NEST, but I am so lost.  If anyone could help that would be great. 

Nicholas 

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE:  I needed to move the radial wipe center to match that of graphics I created

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines