Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom preset fade in AND out

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

After the Impact Dissolve turned out to add a watermark to my video, I decided to take matters into my own hands and take some time to make a beautiful fade in transition and save it as a preset. I did the same with a fade out preset. The good thing is that I can anchor the first to the front of a clip and the second to the back of a clip, I can now easily slide the keyframes to make it longer or shorter.

However...

If I want to add both the fade in and the fade out, I can't just drag both presets onto the clip, because the second will override the first (since they are both presets of the opacity, with different keyframes on different percentages of opacity). I could make a fade-in and fade-out preset both in one, but then the fades aren't snapped to the front and back of the new clips anymore.

So, my question to you is:

How do I make an actual effect, instead of a preset? If this was an effect, I could just first drag the fade in and then drag the fade out onto the clip, and then drag the effect duration to change the effect accordingly. Or is there another way to have both fade in and fade out added to a single clip with one simple move.

FYI, the current dissolves that premiere supplies aren't cutting it, so I do have to make a custom one. Don't have much choice there.

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bart,
You could make a motion graphics template in the latest version of After Effects where media replacement is absolutely possible. You could use responsive design to make this a nice "transition effect" preset. Check out the livestream that was just published today.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines