• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Effects not working

Engaged ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Effects aren't working in my project. I've tried drop shadow, blur and crop so far. None of them work. I upgraded my system to the most recent and re-installed Premiere Pro. No joy. Tried a new test project and bingo! They worked! So, do I have to recreate my whole video to get the effects I wanted? Is there a preference I missed? Thanks for any help.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

What happens if you create a new project. And once it's created you import the project file you are having trouble with into it. You'll get a dialog box that asks what type of import you want, try choosing "Import Entire Project" and hit ok. Once imported try adding the effects to your clips in your timeline as normal and let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you create a new project. And once it's created you import the project file you are having trouble with into it. You'll get a dialog box that asks what type of import you want, try choosing "Import Entire Project" and hit ok. Once imported try adding the effects to your clips in your timeline as normal and let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That works perfectly. I had no idea you could just import one project into a new one and have all the components in their right places and doing what they should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try rendering the timeline to turn the red line to green?

If so and the issue still exists,

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work,try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Also, please help us help you:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-what-information-should-i-provide-when-asking-a-ques...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for the info-- I tried a lot of what you said but got the perfect solution from the writer above-- start a new project and  import the old project  into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines