• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error using "Save As": Use 'Save As' from the file menu to save the project to a new location."

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have a project created on Adobe Premiere pro CC 2018. but when i will 'save' my project appears text " An unknown error occurred while saving the project. Select 'Save As' from the file menu to save the project to a new location." . It keeps happening when I change my project. And I've done save as with some different names, because if the same name the contents of the project will be lost. what should i do to solve this problem? Please help.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information

-Troubleshooting https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2261475

-Premiere Pro Video Editing Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

That MAY be a permission issue

Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 to assign FULL Windows permissions may help... this says Encore, but is sometimes required for ALL Adobe programs (this is NOT the same as using an Administrator account) so follow the instructions, substituting the name of your specific program for Encore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI fitriniss,

Sorry for the trouble. This issue is under investigation, Engineering is working on a fix. Please use a different name if you want to perform a Save-As or just use Save option as a workaround.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also using just Save there's the problem. I save everytime with a different name and then I delete the old project. But this is not the solution. It also happens with projects created some time ago in which the problem did not arise. the cause is not in the settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on Adobe it has been a year now. Still working on that solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That bug was fixed... at least for the cast majority. What version of Premiere are you using on what computer/OS?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is replication procedure.

Edit in Premiere on workstation 1.

Save project file on NAS.

Close Premiere.

Open Project file on Workstation 2.

Attempt to save project file (overwrite) and get this error.

Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 9.48.42 AM.png

Basically we have to continue to save as many versions as we proceed and bounce to different workstations.

Thoughts? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you're having this on multiple workstations around your facility?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

V 14.0 - same error. Very, very frustrating 😞 Each attempt to use "Save" from File-->Save or just Ctrl+S denies to save the project. The only workaround is to Save As with a new filename, which leads to hundreds of project (same project!) files within a couple of days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried changing the file path (in my case I used a different hard disk). Doing this seems to have solved the issue for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

found a small temporary solution to this problem.If you continously give the save command using the shortcut multiples time may be the fifth or the eight time it just goes through.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could be a network issue.  try saving to a local drive.  if that works, hopefully there's a network administrator who can help.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is it related with some error on PC?

cuz my pc is getting weird these days and this error occurs today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1783520_Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 9.48.42 AM.pngPlease delete the effects which you used and see. Most of the time this happens because of malfunction in the effects that you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nope. still doing it. Even have a new worstation and get the same results from Premiere. Doesnt happen in any other application.  NOT a drive space issue. I have 60TB free. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this it woked for me. I think your hard drive where you save your projects are full. So what I did is delete some of the old rendered videos to free some space and it worked. Hope it helps you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue happen to me recently and I think the issue was my project file was in a folder attached to Dropbox (I like for copies of my project to be immediatly backed up). Closing Dropbox allowed me to save normally. I've been using the dropbox folder for awhile now so I'm not sure what is causing the problem now, but if saving to a new location solves the problem try seeing what the initial folder was trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I think it is bad protocol to have your project live in Drop Box. It is network attached and that is a worry for experienced editors that do not want any connectivity interfering with a file that represents hours and hours (days, weeks, months?) of hard work.

As a place to "Save a Copy" for your backups, it's fine. To beat this problem, use proper Save protocol and update folder permissions for your Adobe folders after every update of either the application or the OS.

Hope this helps.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working this way with a folder on my startup drive where I park all my premiere projects that's being automatically mirrored on dropbox without any issues for at least a couple of years.  Of course, I keep my autosave folder on an external drive with my media.  and of course I have a clone of my media drive...  

I understand your objection but do you realize how many people out there are probably keeping their premiere projects on the mac's desktop which...  by default is actually mirrored on...  wait for it... the cloud.  This is one of those things that apple decided to change and unless you're paying attention (which many of the people I provide support for fail to do) suddenly apple's telling you your icloud is full and you better buy some more storage.   

Welcome to the 21st century whether you like it or not...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project doesn't live just in the cloud. I have a whole drive dedicated to a physical dropbox copy so if anything happens to dropbox itself my drive will have all of that information already backed up. Plus I have the same setup on a seperate computer. It's pretty low risk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you understand how DropBox works. it simply replicates a file or folder on your physical drive. If you create or change a file, the copy is sent to DropBox. If  you add a file to the DropBox folder from another computer, that file is replicated to your local drive(s). There is no "connectivity interfering with a file" as you claim. A big bonus of using DB is that if you royally mess something up, Dropbox keeps multiple backup copies so y ou can go back in time and get a do-over. 

I wouldn't work on a large project without it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and if you work in multiple locations (with exact drive copies of your media), there's no effort or thought involved in working on the correct project.  I wouldn't recommend this workflow if there are multiple editors though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines