Highlighted

Export Shot List With Original File Name

Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completing my first feature with PP. I need to create a pull list of shots for our VFX artist with original file names. The only way I can figure to do this is to duplicate the sequence, strip out all clips NOT using VFX, export an EDL and then indivdually copy the file names to a list. 

That seems overcomplicated, but Adobe says there is no way to export a list of just file names from a timeline. 

Hoping someone has an easier method to produce a simple pull list.

Thanks

TOPICS
Editing, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Export Shot List With Original File Name

Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completing my first feature with PP. I need to create a pull list of shots for our VFX artist with original file names. The only way I can figure to do this is to duplicate the sequence, strip out all clips NOT using VFX, export an EDL and then indivdually copy the file names to a list. 

That seems overcomplicated, but Adobe says there is no way to export a list of just file names from a timeline. 

Hoping someone has an easier method to produce a simple pull list.

Thanks

TOPICS
Editing, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately Adobe’s solution seems correct. Perhaps you could submit a feature request.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but that's just a workaround I came up with. Adobe offered no solution at all. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0